Do you think you will always own a Printer in your home?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Yes, I feel I always own a printer because I still photocopy pages from books, print important documents, and pictures.

There are smaller photo printers which print out 4 inch x 6 inch color photos which is nice for printing out important pictures of family members or a celebrity which you are a fan of.

Now that I am done with school I really don't have a good reason to own one other than I might need to copy something one day. So I'll have to pick up a simple laser printer at some point.

I do my printing needs at the library now, since our taxes pay for it, might as well do mass printing over there. for a penny a page, I guess its worth it. Then again, its convenient to have a printer when the library is closed when one is trying to print out documents. I've heard many things from family members such as owning a printer is cheaper than the ink cartridges themselves, and you dont really need all those features in 1 (fax, scan, wi-fi) besides printing.

I'll have to go with DS on this one, I'll pick myself up a cheap printer. Function-able, and thats about it

Well, I do have an ink jet printer at home.

As long as I can get cartridges, I won't be throwing it out. It comes in handy when I need a printout suddenly.

So, hopefully I will have a printer for the rest of my life.

Printers these days are more affordable where it may not be worth it to use a public printer at a library, store, or school. I got a Canon all-in-one printer with a copier, wifi printing, and fax. The all-in-one printer cost $40.

I prefer using a printer at home for privacy reasons, and to prevent identity theft because a criminal and the government may install spyware on a public printer, and secretly make extra digital file copies of documents like bank statements, photos, and other documents, and save the copies of the printed document to a internal storage device like a SD card or upload the file to a website/server on the internet.

There is also a chance that the printer has a hidden video camera which can record what a printer is printing out, and recording the print outs to a SD card.

Last edited:
My hubby and I have always had a printer in our home since we've been married. Normally we just put black ink in it, we don't normally get the color ink because it's generally more expensive than the black.

My hubby and I have always had a printer in our home since we've been married. Normally we just put black ink in it, we don't normally get the color ink because it's generally more expensive than the black.

I mostly use black ink as well because black ink is cheaper, and I mostly print out text and simple pictures like street maps where black and white pictures are good enough.

I have never owned a printer but I would like to get one in the future as I would like to print some images.

Keep in mind cannon printers usually have the highest quality when it comes to pics.

Canon printers have good text quality. I feel Canon is better than HP printers where more people seem to complain on sites like YouTube that HP printers are bad.

Back