Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
$20 Xbox Live card
Mature Board Viewing
Username Style
Apparently they get the job done just like an actual computer, I was wondering if anyone here uses one and if you do, which one would you prefer?

I have 3 Mac Mini’s I use for various things. The M1 I have is very impressive for what it can do in the form factor, and the other two I got for very cheap for home server projects.

Never will, don't trust the small form factor and keeping it cool. HP's line is so defective.

I use a Raspberry Pi mini computer which I sometimes use for playing video files on Kodi.

Never will, don't trust the small form factor and keeping it cool. HP's line is so defective.
It varies from models and processors, along with what you’re doing.

If you’re using one for basic user stuff like web browsing, Office, and video watching, they won’t heat up that much for you to be scared shitless over. If you’re doing something intensive on a Beelink, you should have gotten something bigger.

It varies from models and processors, along with what you’re doing.

If you’re using one for basic user stuff like web browsing, Office, and video watching, they won’t heat up that much for you to be scared shitless over. If you’re doing something intensive on a Beelink, you should have gotten something bigger.

B-but they are elite desktops!

1697862780891.png

and overheat from a few browser and office apps open >_>

I do have one, just basic computing with internet. Its VESA mounted on the back of a small monitor. Whenever something needed to be printed out, watch youtube, pay bills, my Family uses it.

My next PC may be a mini PC as I transition back to console gaming and no longer need a massive gaming rig. But I am still far out from that move and who knows at this point.

I've seen them on some sites but they don't interest me. They are too tiny especially when one is used to a desktop.

I prefer full size desktops over mini-PC because I usually to keep my PCs for many years, so I want a PC which is easy to upgrade, repair, and a lot of replacement parts like ATX power supplies, and cooling fans which I can easily buy from a local computer parts store.

I'm worried that Mini PC computer parts like power supplies and RAM which can't be easily to found at a local store if the part suddenly break in the future, or no one makes a more powerful power supply for the Mini PC if I need a higher wattage power supply to run a more powerful video card or install a more powerful CPU.

Side note, shoutout to this thread making topic of the month, lol.

I remember PC companies used to use the word nettop to label cheaper less powerful mini PCs which were mainly designed for lightweight tasks for browsing the internet, watching DVD movies, and word processing. There were a few nettops with built-in DVD-ROM burner drives which could be used to transfer files, watch DVD movies, listen to CDs, and burn CD and DVD discs.

I think most nettops have similar specs as Netbooks which were mini laptops with a slower CPU and under 2GB of RAM which were mainly designed for web browsing, watching video files, and word processing.

Last edited:
Back