Do you Want to Use AMD for Internet to not get affected by Intel Spectre Meltdown security problems?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I would want to use a newer AMD Ryzen 7 or faster AMD Desktop PC for online banking, forums, social networking, video chat, instant messaging and other online activities. I also don't want to use a Intel computer where having both the Spectre and Meldown patches installed may slow down a PC by 30% and more, or cause random reboot and boot up problems which is reported all over the web on tech blogs.

I feel unsafer using an Intel PC even if the operating system software patches are installed for Intel Spectre and Meltdown security vulnerability. I think there is always a chance that the Intel Spectre and Meltdown patches can be hacked by more skillful hackers and a more advance virus and malware which can to secretly uninstall patches for Spectre and Meltdown, or make the patch not work, and steal your computer's datas.

I think most users, may not want to use an Intel computer for using the internet once you fully explain all the security risks related to using a Intel CPU with Spectre and Meltdown problems, and what data like username and passwords which they will lose if they got hacked by a hacker which use the Spectre and Meltdown security problem. People also don't like to buy CPUs which run slower after many security patches are installed on it because PC slowdown problems waste a lot of time, and slowdown people's work, so they need to work longer at a tasks.

Some online users may also ask their web hosting, bank website, online storage, and other websites to switch to web servers which use an AMD CPU to reduce the risk of their data of being stolen by a hacker who knows how to hack through the Intel Spectre and Meltdown security problem, and patches.

Surprisingly we have not had this issue at work of people coming in and saying they only want AMD. Really though I don't think there is much of an issue at this time as I doubt hackers know how to fully utilize the issue.

Surprisingly we have not had this issue at work of people coming in and saying they only want AMD. Really though I don't think there is much of an issue at this time as I doubt hackers know how to fully utilize the issue.

Surprisingly, TV news did not talk about Intel Spectre or Meltdown much compared to WannaCry, Ransomware, and Heartbleed security vulnerabilities.

I think most people who are aware of Intel Meltdown, and Spectre are people who are members of more tech related forums like GamingLatest, Tom's Hardware, and Tech blogs like Gizmodo, Engadget, TechCrunch, and are active on sites like Wikipedia, YouTube Tech channels, and read tech magazines like Wired.

I think in the coming weeks, and months, some government hackers, and more skilled hackers may know how to fully Utilize the issue to steal data from other countries, or illegal activities like emptying out bank ATM machine and accounts by using Intel Meltdown and Spectre hacks.

More Tech Savvy users may buy an AMD based computer from Amazon, eBay, Newegg, and Fry's which have better prices and more choices in AMD PC than retail stores like Best Buy or Apple Store.

Back