Do you watch people play games?

NameGervin

Full GL Member
Credits
Sometimes I do when I am deciding whether to buy that game or not. But masterpiece games such as Persona is a no to watch, as it may destroy my experience. Also I watch console exclusive games such games on Xbox, because I am never getting an Xbox. Most of the time I find it enjoying. So do you watch streamers play games? Do you enjoy it? Why?

Last edited:
I watch a lot of Youtubers which mainly do gaming videos.

It's very relaxing to do.

I usually watch let's plays. I've been watching them since 2010. I started watching them as a way to watch games I'd never get to play. Now I mostly watch them for the commentary and just to hear about the person I'm watching.

I play games, however, I do not categorize myself as a hardcore gamer. I play games once in a while. Sometimes I do not play for weeks. However, when I am playing I fully enjoy the game. I also like watching people play games. I mostly watch my 10 year old nephew play games. He is quite an expert, dispite his age.

Yeah, I used to watch my cousins play their video games. Sometimes we took turns to play and the person who wasn't playing that turn watched. I also watch walkthroughs of video games I don't have and I probably won't be acquiring, but I wish I could. I think I like to watch people play video games because it's entertaining. Sometimes it's even exciting, kind of like watching a movie or something similar.

Only if I need some help myself in getting past something, which needless to say I'm binge watching a lot of Zelda BotW videos.

Only if I need some help myself in getting past something, which needless to say I'm binge watching a lot of Zelda BotW videos.
Same, I usually hate puzzles because sometimes I need to check a walkthrough on how get the thing done. Also I watch sometimes on how to get a certain trophy or unlock an achievement.

Watching someone play is pretty dumb. I mean, why don't you just play it?

-broke and console-less me trying to justify why I shouldn't watch gaming streams

Personally I don't get much enjoyment from watching other people play games.
My Son does spend a lot of time watching people on YT Gaming Channels so it might just be an age thing.
I might watch a walkthrough if I am stuck but apart from that I would rather play than watch.
I also prefer to read reviews than watch them.

Rarely, usually as a walkthrough to help myself out or occasionally to see if I like the look of the first hour or so of a game before I buy it.

Rarely, usually as a walkthrough to help myself out or occasionally to see if I like the look of the first hour or so of a game before I buy it.
Same, also I watch those when I wanna know whether a certain stage has a secret item/pathway or not.

I can't dare leave the joy of gaming just to look at somebody else gaming. I get my machine, put the necessary and start the game. The controls just flow as the game proceeds.

Back