Do your mobile games usually run better than most of your Apps?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I notice apps like Instagram, YouTube, and Google Chrome for Android sometimes run slower and crash more than some of my installed games like Pokemon Go, Clash of Clans, and Minecraft Pocket Edition.

I think the main reason Instagram, YouTube, and Google Chrome runs slowly is because I am a heavy user where I use the App for over an hour to view HD video, open many tabs on browser, and browse at a fast speed where I view many pictures and videos, open many websites in an hour. I also follow a lot of members, so a lot of content is loaded to the app's homepage at once when I browse the app.

But, most of my installed games run smoothly. A lot of mobile games I play are simple and older games which are not video intensive, or use a lot of RAM and CPU resources because you can run the games on lowend smartphones like the Motorola Moto E and G, and Cheaper $200 Chinese Android phones and tablets, or the $50 Amazon Kindle Fire tablet in some cases.

Many mobile games are designed to be played on simple outdated looking levels, and it is harder to use too much RAM compared to a web browser where you can use up all the RAM and CPU resources on a phone by opening a few desktop websites on multiple tabs and windows at once.

Eh, I think my music app runs better since it doesn't overheat my phone.

If by better you mean faster, than yeah, I guess the mobile games I have played so far tend to run better than Instagram, Kik and Skype.

If by better you mean faster, than yeah, I guess the mobile games I have played so far tend to run better than Instagram, Kik and Skype.

A few videos also failed to play on the Instagram app for Android on both my Nvidia Shield and older Nexus 7 tablet.

I remember trying to run Skype on my Google Android tablet once. The video chat feature did not work in Android, so I ended up having to switch to Google Hangouts to contact someone with a Android phone, and use the Chrome browser on Mac.

Android seems to have a lot of problems with social networking apps which can display video, and video chat apps like Skype.

I believe it's the functionality differences. Games/Apps that require a lot of real-time information tend to run slower and heats up the device.

I think most simple 2D games like Flappy Birds, Angry Birds, and Solitaire seem to run pretty well on most devices since they load the entire level at once, so there is no delay in waiting for something to load like an open world game.

But, 3D games which update the map in real-time like Gameloft's Gangster Vegas, and Modern Combat seems to heat the device more, and run slower when there is a lot of action on the screen.

Haven't noticed any real differences. Then again, the only social media app I use is Twitter, which as bad as it is seems to be fairly stable for me.

Back