DOOM

IntoxNitram

GamingLatest Slave
Staff member
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Another game launching this week is DOOM. Looks set to continue on the roots of the franchise but on the new generation of consoles - making it look very pretty indeed. A fun, non-stop shooter experience. Anyone interested?

online seems decent:

Keeping my eye on this game. It's 40% off on Steam during the sale despite being a recent title. I think that multiplayer numbers aren't as high as anticipated (but this is the case for many FPS titles this year, mostly due to Overwatch)

I think there is a broad appeal for this game because it continues the path its former titles set by just being a fun, straight forward arena-shooter. There is no captivating story to follow, there aren't 1000 DLC's to "improve" your game experience and there isn't really much bs. You just take your gun, you go in and destroy those ugly looking motherf....s and move on. It really brings gaming back to its roots. I'm not saying games that are the opposite of DOOM (i.e any modern games) are bad, but I think it is a rather refreshing take on a modern FPS game.

Just completed this after playing loads of it within the last week. Enjoyed it a fair bit but the fights got a bit repetitive towards the end. Felt like it needed something to mix it up for a little bit.

Back