Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iBqy2uUOz0

New name, upped graphics same old stuff.

Decent looking graphics.

But the lack of any real detail makes me a bit wary. The fact they seem to have a new character is interesting. But I hope it proves to be more than just that new character uses time machine to watch past fights play out (and you have to play out these fights). I mean I'm kind a tired of DBZ games that just basically rehash the story. If you've followed the anime or any of the games in the last decade you've played through the story numerous times. You know the story. It's time to do something different. 

Have more thorough what if stories. I mean don't just spend a single mission to say "What if Frieza won on Namek" and then have you use Frieza to beat Goku. Instead have a full multi-chapter arc to show what would have happened and how things may have changed.

Or tell a whole new tale that doesn't rely on bringing back the same villains from before. I mean sure, include them for multiplayer and whatnot. But don't make them the focus again.

My hopes are really low for this game actually.

I'm a HUGE fan of the Dragon Ball series and given their last couple of games (ultimate tenkaich and battle of Z) I just think that these guys just can not get it right anymore.

Just give us a "proper" sequel to Tenkaichi 3 complete with a expansive Hero Mode where you can roam around freely from cities,countrysides, icelands,and desserts, give us the same gameplay and very large character roster of tenkaichi 3 with true next gen HD graphics, and give us a character creation mode that is truly immersive and diverse with a lot of options and possibilities.

We also need more "what if" storylines to keep things fresh and new to those who already have the entire Dragon Ball z Storyline memorized to a tee.

And for the love of god, BRING BACK GT CHARACTERS!
I hate that recently there has been so much hate for GT lately that the creators of the DBZ games have actually noticed and said that they did not include any in Battle of Z since "fan demand" did not call for it.
Say what you will about GT but I actually liked a lot of the characters out of it such as SSJ4 Goku,Baby Vegeta, Omega Shenron, and SSJ4 Gogeta and since those characcters are from GT that means that if the creators of the game see fan demand is hostile towards GT they will not include those characters which sucks.

GT definitely is not the best out of the Dragon Ball series by any stretch of the imagination but it does not deserve the kind of hatred it gets around the web in my opinion.

I don't know, I just feel like Budokai restricted you to much since its on a 2.d playing field for the most part with the options to dodge to the side and whatnot.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Budokai a lot and would not mind it returning, but I just enjoyed Tenkaichi more over all.

I liked that Tenkaichi made the whole experience less restricted by being able to fly around a much bigger area freely and in some cases even get away from your opponents for a breather (maybe hide behind a building or giant rock), it really felt like you had more of the freedom of the anime in my opinion.

That and the HUGE roster and levels just put Tenkaichi over the top for me.

True they could use some more diversity in their characters moveset, but that is about it if you ask me.
I think if they gave the fans this that they would have gold on their hands once again in my honest opinion.

VirusZero said:
Decent looking graphics.

But the lack of any real detail makes me a bit wary. The fact they seem to have a new character is interesting. But I hope it proves to be more than just that new character uses time machine to watch past fights play out (and you have to play out these fights). I mean I'm kind a tired of DBZ games that just basically rehash the story. If you've followed the anime or any of the games in the last decade you've played through the story numerous times. You know the story. It's time to do something different. 

Have more thorough what if stories. I mean don't just spend a single mission to say "What if Frieza won on Namek" and then have you use Frieza to beat Goku. Instead have a full multi-chapter arc to show what would have happened and how things may have changed.

Or tell a whole new tale that doesn't rely on bringing back the same villains from before. I mean sure, include them for multiplayer and whatnot. But don't make them the focus again.
More what ifs should happen, their own storyline would sell games.

Allan said:
I would love to see this as a mmo, and create your own character. 
Pretty sure that has been done by the chinese.

Back