Driver Exclusive Items

Flaming Machete13

Can I itch your nose?
Awards
Credits
Does anyone else think they should have brought back the driver exclusive items for Mario Kart 7? Like how in Double Dash the Mario Brothers had fireballs, Bowser had a giant shell, etc. Nothing too overpowering like the Chain Chomp though, that thing was nothing but a pain in the ass.

I actually didn't mind these. It would bring back the fun of choosing characters. I quite liked all the craziness that would come out of everything. And it was fun using them to your advantage whenever possible.

Chain Chomp was fun. I'd pick Baby Mario JUST for the sake of using it. Having driver-exclusive items would be interesting, but not ridiculous things that should now be staples (see Koopa and Paratroopa's special, Triple Green and Triple Red Shells, I expect these anyway).

Personally I'd also like something similar to Sonic and Sega All Star Racing's All Star moves. Be interesting to see what Nintendo would come up with for those.

Yes! The Chain Chomp was the best one

Personally I loved Bowser's shell, I used to pick him every time just for that. It's so much less fun picking characters now that they're only really differentiated by sizes.

• Bowser's Shell at Baby Park= Absolute mayhem.

• Sure, I'd love to see this idea return, as long as nobody gets a "random" special Item like Petey and King Boo did in Double Dash!!.

• Bowser's Shell at Baby Park= Absolute mayhem.

• Sure, I'd love to see this idea return, as long as nobody gets a "random" special Item like Petey and King Boo did in Double Dash!!.

The random item thing was a really underdone idea, those two had too much firepower behind them.

So, what would happen for the drivers whose exclusive items from Double Dash aren't exclusive any more? Like how the Fire Flower/Fireballs, Bob-ombs, Chain Chomp/Bullet Bill, etc have become generic items?

Would they get new special attacks?

So, what would happen for the drivers whose exclusive items from Double Dash aren't exclusive any more? Like how the Fire Flower/Fireballs, Bob-ombs, Chain Chomp/Bullet Bill, etc have become generic items?

Would they get new special attacks?

I think they could make some such as the fireballs exclusive again but other like Bob-ombs should remain generic and have their former place taken by new items. I think Nintendo could figure something out for the next Mario Kart if exclusives return.

Back