Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
You won't be able to turn off the light bar on the DualShock 4 controller to save battery power, according to Sony's Worldwide Studio boss.

Taking to his Twitter, Shuhei Yoshida confirmed that the light bar would always be on despite the fact that it's largely useless without the additional PlayStation Camera peripheral.

Seeing as Sony originally intended to bundle the PlayStation Camera in with every PlayStation 4, there wouldn't have been a need to turn the light bar off. While Sony has changed its mind on the inclusion of the Camera though, it seems it won't be backing down on this one despite the fact it'll drain the battery quicker and possibly reflect off your screen.
source

What? You can't tell me that can't be shut off.

Demon_Skeith said:
What? You can't tell me that can't be shut off.
It can't be shut off. There! =D
There will be a controller with wires, right? 

I thought you can connect the charging cable to turn PS4 controller into a wired controller.

Maybe a company like Nyko, and Madcatz can make a PS4 controller for a light you can turn off.

Maybe Sony did not make a off switch for the light, and the light is just connected to the battery with wires because making an Off switch would make the controller cost a few extra dollars to build because of the extra button, switch, and wires.

Also, people would not need to manually turn it ON to use the PS4 Camera for PS4 Move if they turn it off manually.

Back