Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Read from Gematsu:

“We know the entire industry, players and creators alike, have a lot of passion for E3,” said Entertainment Software Association president Stanley Pierre-Louis told The Washington Post. “We share that passion. We know it’s difficult to say goodbye to such a beloved event, but it’s the right thing to do given the new opportunities our industry has to reach fans and partners.”

The Electronic Entertainment Expo website now features a single page with the goodbye message: “After more than two decades of E3, each one bigger than the last, the time has come to say goodbye. Thanks for the memories.”

E3 is now old history. It feels like it was barely part of the time I spent liking the idea of it, but I was either too young or just never went in person. Even the people we remember seeing there from video recordings are long gone or moved on.

I’ve seen the gaming community say E3 sucked for ages. So it’s kind of a surprise it took so long.

Though it’s possible it’s one of those things where when you reach a certain age, you stop getting excited by E3 and think it’s boring and lame. I noticed the year it stopped being good shifts based on the average age of the people you’re talking to.

I honestly only got excited for the big 3 presentations and then Ubisoft and EAs, I didnt care about the interviews and all of the other stuff that was part of the show.

This is sad to see E3 gone forever. I used to dream of going to E3.

I feel the Covid19 shutdown, increase cost for hiring security gaurd, and violent crime problems in Los Angeles caused E3 to be discontinued.

Sad to hear this but was inevitable over recent years. Some of my favourite gaming memories come from E3 reveals and covering the conferences on this forum. The announcements just don’t hit the same nowadays.

Sad to hear this but was inevitable over recent years. Some of my favourite gaming memories come from E3 reveals and covering the conferences on this forum. The announcements just don’t hit the same nowadays.

True, not waiting for that yearly build up kind of ruins the fun.

Reactions: cm2
Back