Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

The in-person E3 2022 was canceled earlier this year, but reports indicated that there were still plans to host a digital-only version of the event like what happened in 2021. Unfortunately for those looking forward to E3, it's now been confirmed that the ESA has no plans to host a digital-only version of the event in 2022. This was initially revealed by Razer's Will Powers on Twitter, with a follow-up report by IGN confirming the news.

While E3 2022 will not be happening, it doesn't mean that there won't be big gaming announcements to look forward to this summer. In fact, The Game Awards host Geoff Keighley cryptically tweeted out a winking face after news of E3 2022's complete cancellation started making the rounds, reminding fans that Summer Game Fest will be returning this year to help fill the void left by E3.

This is sad news for people who were looking forward to E3 2022.

I wonder if the recent cyberattacks on popular websites, and game servers like Among Us being DDoS last weekend could be one of the reason for E3 Digital event being cancelled. It would be embarrassing to E3 if cybercriminals took down E3 2022 Digital event by hacking it or DDoSing the server and social network profiles on YouTube and Twitch, or infected E3 website and computers with ransomware and malware.

Well that sucks, but at least we can probably look forward to a June Nintendo Direct.

There are still other events though. Like PAX East for example. And it's not like there aren't games being worked on. But maybe this is more of a bigger day for some people.

With the current state of affairs in the world I'm not too surprised

I mean E3 was becoming kind of bad. Like only Microsoft and Nintendo were worth watching last year. Everyone else was just kind of boring.

Back