EA Sports

graven29

Awards
Credits
So, I didn't see anything posted and I was wondering what kind of presence EA had at E3. I have felt that they have been lacking any real innovation in years. I know the graphics supposedly get better every year and they have, for instance, thousands more catch animations in NCAA Football 13, which they are putting out soon. But I downloaded the demo for that, and it looks exactly like NCAA Football 11. Seriously, I wish there was a new competitor or something, because they are just getting complacent. The 2k series doesn't compete with them in every title, and almost seems redundant anyway. It feels like EA takes a very formulaic approach to their product - every year they tweak it by, lets say 8%, but no more. They don't want to alienate their users who bought it last year, but they want their customer to buy it again. It feels stale. That's the word I am looking for. Stale.

Sorry for the rant.

They basically put out the same game and consumers rarely notice the difference. EA has been catching a lot of bad press from gamers when they refused to put certain options in a used video game. That really made gamers mad, and I think there has been some backlash due to their poor decisions. I bought Skate 3 used and I couldn't play online. EA requires you to have a password when you buy the game new. It was missing in my copy, so it was basically a waste of money. I won't buy anymore EA games because of that, and I'm not looking forward to their new titles.

EA was voted the Worst Company in America this year for a reason. It's all a big equation of lazy, half-assed games, removal of gamer's freedom to buy used copies, and Origin's draconian regulations. People just don't want to deal with that bullcrap. I certainly would never install Origin in my system!

The biggest problem is we continue to but their stuff. Madden hasn't changed much in years. When they "improve" one thing they seem to break something else. In the Microsoft conference they were pushing their voice commands with Joe Montana reading a prompt.

Cmon Joe.

Maybe it was just me, but I thought they had a great showing at E3 this year. I think what they are doing with Madden 13 and Fifa are pretty cool. Not only do you get voice commands, but you can draw up your own plays, too? I don't know what more they can do at this point. If people aren't satisfied with this go round, they just don't want to be .

EA should bring out new games instead of recycling their old titles. It has become a lazy company that doesn't want to innovate while its competitors are racing ahead. There's still time left EA, improvise or you are going to be extinct in the next few years!

EA was voted the Worst Company in America this year for a reason. It's all a big equation of lazy, half-assed games, removal of gamer's freedom to buy used copies, and Origin's draconian regulations. People just don't want to deal with that bullcrap. I certainly would never install Origin in my system!

Does used games really hurt their multi-billion dollar company? I don't understand why they did that in the first place. EA thinks that Gamestop will make some money off of selling their used games. I prefer to buy used games that way if I don't like it, I can get my money back. I'm going to boycott EA until they release the used copy ban. Who's with me?

[
Does used games really hurt their multi-billion dollar company? I don't understand why they did that in the first place. EA thinks that Gamestop will make some money off of selling their used games. I prefer to buy used games that way if I don't like it, I can get my money back. I'm going to boycott EA until they release the used copy ban. Who's with me?

I'm not because that's the price you pay for buying used. I personally buy most of my games used and finding out that I can't use some aspert or other is something I have learned to accept. That said - if I had any issue with EA it would be over what they've done to my precious ME universe. I mean they put a freaking commerical at the end of it that basically said : "BUY MORE GAMES!"

EA seems to look only for profit and they are not doing good games anymore. Even if they started to annoy me, their latest release, Fifa 12 was pretty good and I bought it, mostly because of the Ultimate Team.

Just for informational purposes, which video game company, actually which company is looking for something other than profit? They are all looking only for profit and they are all hoping that the games that they put out will bring them profit through their enjoyment.

There is no company trying to put out a game that isn't good, because they put too much moeny into the game. A "good game" is highly subjective and that's just one of the reasons of the many genres of games.

Really? Worst company? I feel like companies that get bailed out by the government are worse.

Back