Early Access Code For Tomodachi

Jorlon

Awards
Credits
Anyone else get email for early access code to Tomodachi?

" Congratulation your one of the select group of Platinum club Nintendo members to receive early access to a special demo of the Tomodachi life game etc etc

Wasn't interested in this game but now I'll probably give it a try.

Aw man, I envy you. I'm a Platinum but I didn't get an email for it :( Although I'm not sure if I should buy the game, I hope a demo is available soon, if not you have to tell me if its good!

Played a bit of the demo its pretty cool : name your island, can make mii's or transfer ones you already made into the Island. They speak to you lol its pretty cool you can pick what voice they have it all sounds robotic in different tunes but cool was not expecting that, you give it personality through 4-5 slider options which is cool, so far I had some fun with it only can have 3 miis in right now in the demo but it seems like up to 24 miis can live in the apartment complex maybe more if they allow miis to move in since i know you can get married and stuff. I'm actually considering buying it. Still wondering if there is any online play would be cool.

Sweet, I just checked my email again and had a code this time! Keep checking your emails, they're prolly distributing it out in waves! Now to go download this! ^^

Sweet, I just checked my email again and had a code this time! Keep checking your emails, they're prolly distributing it out in waves! Now to go download this! ^^

Awesome let me know how you like it.

Okay, for those who haven't gotten the demo yet (Or won't be able to at all) here's a rundown of what I experienced on my playthrough. It's a fairly short demo in some aspects.

First thing you name your island that your Mii's will inhabit. I called mine "Wicket Island". The next thing it has you do is create your first Mii, either by making one from scratch or importing from the Mii Maker on the 3DS. I imported Brunn, and then filled out a bit of info about her, like first and last name, birthdate, my actual relationship to the Mii, etc. Then you go through options for the voice (There's a few presets, and then 5 or 6 sliders for things like tone and pitch that you can fully customize how it sounds) and sliders for personality traits like "Quirky or Normal", "Fast or Slow". Once that was done, it gives you're Mii a personality type (Brunn came out Outgoing and Charismatic) and you're done with that.

As soon as you finish, in a huge coincidence, the apartment building where your Mii will be living just finishes it's construction! You can tap on the building, and it gives you a front view of all the apartments windows with little black silhouettes in those that are occupied, with an 'Enter' button at the bottom. Enter one of the apartments, and you knock on the door and you get to interact with the Mii inside.

I went in to see Brunn, who said hello and introduced herself, and then a thought bubble with a black scribble appeared above her. These represent needs that you're Mii's have that you need to fulfill, and you can even see the thought bubbles from outside the apartment complex so you can tell who needs something at a glance. She announced she was hungry in her goofy, slightly robotic voice, and in another stroke of luck, the grocery store opened down the street!

I popped over to the grocery store and was presented with several options, all with varying prices. I had a plate of steak, a salad, a stack of pancakes and a couple other things, all with silly flavor text to go with the item. I chose the most expensive thing, the steak for $15.00 (I started with $50) and bought only one of them. Then it was back to the apartment, where I clicked the thought bubble again, and this time got a 'Gift' icon in the top left that was shaped like a present. I picked the steak, and drug and dropped it onto my Mii, who ate the whole thing plate and all Animal Crossing style! I discovered later on that I could zoom in on my Mii by clicking her body area, and zoom in so far that I could see the contents of her stomach, steak plate and veggies. Lol.

You get experience for making your Mii's happy, and Brunn got enough to put her halfway through level one. There was quite a bit of info on the level screen, but I don't recall what all was there.

After getting Brunn fed, it prompted me to make a second Mii for my Mii to have a friend. I made a Mii of my husband, Telain, and went through all the same settings. He's short in real life, so I made the Mii short, but accidentally made him dwarf sized..... Oops. I picked fairly different options for his personality, but it came out to be the same type as Brunn anyway. :/

It popped him into his apartment, which interestingly had different walls and floors then mine (I imagine it's all random), then took me back to Brunn, who excitedly wanted to go meet the neighbors. She went to his apartment, they did some chatting animations, then announced they were best buddies! It popped up some stuff about personalities, and how they're divided, then sub divided into blocks and how this affects their friendships. After reading that, there was a news flash (Brought to me by Brunn, dressed as a news anchor in a newsroom) that the City Hall had just opened, where you can do lots of things like make more Miis and whatnot.

I went back to the apartment and this time went into Telain's apartment, as he had a thought bubble in the window. He said hello, then announced he wanted to redo his room. The game popped up to tell me that it had supplied me with three outfits to give to my Mii's, and some room decor, then gave me the buttons to access them. I picked the only room I had to give Telain, which was labeled as 'Secret Base', and turned out to be a tree house fort. He said he liked the change of scenery and asked if I wanted a tour. I said yes, and was able to use the gyroscope to look around while he told me the room was "pretty cool". Changing his room gave him experience, getting him halfway through level 1.

After doing the level thing, he announced he wanted to give me something, then handed me a box of cold medicine. Weird.

I went back to Brunn's apartment to go look at the outfits I'd been given, but upon entering she insisted on showing me a funny face she'd been working on. It was actually a pretty good funny face, and I told her so, which made her happy and gave her a small amount of XP and some money. Anyway, I opened up the outfits page to look at what I had: A red and white striped tunic, a red flannel shirt outfit, and a tan grass hula skirt. I picked the flannel shirt to give her, which I thought was tomboyish and cute, but she hated it and made a very pouty face about it.

I popped back over to Telain's to see what he needed, and was was met by "If you had to pick on, kittens or puppies, which would you choose?" demanded in his robot voice. I chose kittens, which he exclaimed that cats were his favorite too, then got enough experience to hit level 2. When a Mii levels you can give them something, but the only options it had unlocked for me in the demo were 'Gift' or 'Phrase'. I chose phrase, which let me type in a catchphrase I wanted for them, and pick an animation to go with it. Once you choose what you want, it gives you a scroll that you hand to your Mii, and they then occasionally say it during conversations and whatnot. There was a whole list of spots for phrases, so it seems you can really customize what they'll say.

After that I was feeling goofy, so I made Telain where the grass hula skirt, which he incidentally LOVED. 0.o;;

After that I went back to Brunn's and did something or other for which she also gave me something weird and off the wall (and also got her level 2), then popped back to Telain's to find him rolling around floor in his room, but he didn't need anything done. I went and clicked the City Hall, but it had limited options due to the demo, and I didn't feel like making another Mii at the time. So I headed back to the apartment and saw that Telain needed something. I knocked on the door and came in to find him standing in his tree house, half bent over in his hula skirt, under a rain cloud that was pouring on him. He announced he had caught a cold, which was convenient since he'd given me a box of cold medicine earlier. I gifted him the cold medicine, which he ate just like the steak, box and all, and instantly felt better.

After that I got a pop up saying that for the demo, I could only solve five needs- I wouldn't be able to level them up anymore, and they wouldn't have anymore needs to fulfill, but I could still interact with them. I got a second news flash, this time brought by Telain, that the concert hall was 'partially completed' and I could get a preview of one of the songs my Mii's could sing. I went over there and was treated to Brunn dressed in a spider web, fish net shirt and other heavy metal gear, and Telain on electric guitar, singing a weird heavy metal song about a dragon and knights and it eating village? It stopped halfway through, but was hilarious since they were 'singing' in their weird robot voices. By then it was midnight so I decided to just stop for the night.

Overall, I really like it. It's stupid, quirky and weird, but in an endearing way- kind of like how Animal Crossing is. I was genuinely excited to see what bizarre thing my Mii's would say or do, like walking in to find Telain rolling around on the floor, or Brunn announcing she was working on more funny faces to show me while puffing up her cheeks and squinting. It seems like there's a ridiculous amount of stuff to do; I think you can make up to 25 Mii's total, and there was a whole map's worth of buildings that I didn't have access too. The demo definitely got me excited for the game, and I'll be able to transfer the Mii's I made to the full game, along with a special present for being in the demo group. My gift was two special surprise colored Panda outfits that are tradable, so I can give one to a friend. Dunno if that's what everyone will get though.

The demo really felt like just the tip of the iceberg and I'll definitely be picking the full game up! Probably as a digital version so I can pop on for a little while whenever I want without changing my game... Can't wait!

i got one. i wasent interested in the game but after the demo i might at least rent it to check it out. i had fun with it as limited as the demo was.

Back