Easiest/Hardest OoT boss!

TerrorOfPerfection

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Who is the easiest, and who is the hardest boss in your opinion (Ocarina of Time)

I'd say...

Easiest: That queen in the Deku tree (Killed it in 35 seconds when I done it a second time)
Hardest: Phantom Ganon or that water temple one. Phantom Ganon is a pain. Because he moves so fast, and fools me a lot ^_^
Water temple boss because he is just so durable and makes me want to cry. Killed them both in around 30 minutes.

My Easiest would be bongo bongo , usually when i get to that point in the game i have biggorons sword and i can beat him in about 30 seconds, as for the hardest it would probably be Barinade because of how annoying it can be and suck low amount of hearts i usually gave

Hardest would probably be Barinade, it's not a fun boss to fight and is just annoying in general. I would name another, but frankly the bosses in Ocarina of Time are mostly all pretty easy. Fun, but easy regardless.

Easiest would probably be King Dodongo or Queen Gohma or whatever. The former is very, very hard to really screw up if you can blame even remotely well, and the latter is just as easy as a first boss should be.

Gohma is the easiest (of course) but the hardest is usually the one people debate. I believe Phantom Ganon is the hardest in the original version of the game because of the aiming controls and how you are essentially fighting one of the last bosses of the game except with fewer equipment and hearts. Barinade might take a little while, but Phantom Ganon was the only one to give me actual trouble the first time through the game and made the Ganondorf fight look easy by comparison.

Easiest for me is the boss in the Great Deku Tree, I can kill it in literally 30 seconds. The Water Temple boss was pretty easy as well.

As for the most difficult, it took me like 11 tries to beat Phantom Ganon my first play through on the N64. I think this was the only time ive ever thrown one of my N64 controllers in frustration. But my most recent run through on 3DS I killed him first try. I had some trouble with the Fire Temple boss. And I could not beat Ganon until I realized that you can double your health with the Fairy Fountain next to Ganon's Castle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dark Link is also an easy one to me.

I actually had quite a bit of trouble with him. I had to search up a strategy and learned I can spam Din's Fire (kind of the cheap way of killing him). Before that I played around and swung at him for like a half an hour with no progress. I still can never figure out how those guys on Youtube could kill him so easily with the sword or hammer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Gohma, hands down for the easiest. Of course,

In my opinion, I don't think any of the bosses are hard to beat persay, they are just frustrating or time consuming depending on your weapons.

I've always played through with just the Master Sword, so as a child the most difficult boss for me was Bongo Bongo. Years later and playing it on the 3DS, I found the water blob to be a huge pain in the arse. I kept falling in the water -.-

Back