Ebooks or Real books?

Ramil Youth

Well, This is stressful
Full GL Member
Credits
This has been bothering me for a while now, I've always bought real books paper or hardbound, I love the scent of these books. But since I've borrowed my friend's Kindle for the weekend, I came to like it very much. What do you think? Should I stick to buying real books? or is it time to invest in a kindle?

I prefer real books because they don't require electricity, and the feeling of turning a page is nice.

eBooks can be good as well. eBooks can be good because an eReader can hold a lot of books on one device, and it weigh less than carrying many novels and textbooks with you if you plan on reading many books at once.

I prefer real books because they don't require electricity, and the feeling of turning a page is nice.

eBooks can be good as well. eBooks can be good because an eReader can hold a lot of books on one device, and it weigh less than carrying many novels and textbooks with you if you plan on reading many books at once.
Yess good point! And I also heard that Kindle has limited books :(

Real books are definitely the better option. Just the smell and the feeling of getting a new book is great. But if you do like the Kindle, I think it's a good idea to go for one especially since it will help the environment.

Real books are definitely the better option. Just the smell and the feeling of getting a new book is great. But if you do like the Kindle, I think it's a good idea to go for one especially since it will help the environment.
I know right!! Ughhh the pleasure of buying new books! Hahaha

eBooks being digital can have many digital advantages.

I feel one of the main advantages of eBooks is that it is possible to search ebooks with the built-in search engine in the eReader software, and going to a chapter you want to read is very fast after clicking on a link on the eBook. Many eBooks and eReaders also support text to speech software for listening to eBooks with headphones which is useful for the blind and people who have trouble reading books because of eyesight problems. eBooks make it possible to adjusting the text size, and font style can make reading eBooks easier for people with poor vision.

eBooks can be better for the environment since they don't require paper, and eReaders use less electricity than laptops, tablets, and desktop PCs. Some eBooks may cost less than physical books including used books which may cost more because they are no longer being printed, and there are libraries which let people borrow eBooks for free.

eBooks can be good if you want to re-read the same book many times because the digital file does not wear out compared to a paper book where the paper pages can get ripped, wrinkled, or stained by dirty fingers or food which can cause the book to be unreadable if you read the same book many times per month.

Last edited:
Electronic books saved my life in college. Since I was in a medical program some of the text books I had to lug around were 3000+ pages of material, and those things were HEAVY. The best thing I did for myself was to buy an iPad and get the books on it.
I do prefer real books now that I’m out of college, it’s nice to be able to physically turn a page.

I feel eBooks being free or cheap because they are digital files is one of the reasons some people with less money choosing eBooks over books which can sometimes cost $20 or more at a store.

Some eReaders have newspaper apps, rss news readers, and web browsers, so there are many free and cheap articles to read on an eReader.

I Prefer a Physical Real Book but Ebook is fine. I use Ebook to find stuff in the book quicker, like when I am learning how to fly and do air to air and air to ground combat in the F-14 Tomcat by reading/studying the publicly available (minus the classified stuff of the F-14 baby) F-14 NATOPS Flight Manual (1000+ pages) in order to fly it in DCS.
https://info.publicintelligence.net/F14AAD-1.pdf

H
Electronic books saved my life in college. Since I was in a medical program some of the text books I had to lug around were 3000+ pages of material, and those things were HEAVY. The best thing I did for myself was to buy an iPad and get the books on it.
I do prefer real books now that I’m out of college, it’s nice to be able to physically turn a page.

Last question, Isn't bad for your eyes when studying at night?

Well, I prefer real books but they are quite expensive and not to mention that, we can't get those copies everywhere.
In that case, I prefer ebooks.

Back