Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Don't forget tonight for those of you in the states, turn your clocks back an hour for DLS.

I'm lucky. Most of the clocks in my house change themselves automatically when there's a time change (I'm one of the lucky ducks that gained an hour of sleep last night).

I am not so sure what this means...
I am never good at math so that's not surprising in the least I suppose....
I take it for a few months...for some lucky folks, they would getting an extra hour of sleep?

I am not so sure what this means...
I am never good at math so that's not surprising in the least I suppose....
I take it for a few months...for some lucky folks, they would getting an extra hour of sleep?
There is no in almost all Asia and Africa, but this video can teach Clara:

And Toot of oneself:
テクニカル諏訪子: "西洋に行きたい?夏時間&冬時間スケジュールはどうぞ! 普通に、夏時間になったら1時間が追加する。 …" - mstdn.jp

o_O
Hmm....still not so sure what this is all about and I didn't have enough patience to sit through a 10 minute video ._.

o_O
Hmm....still not so sure what this is all about and I didn't have enough patience to sit through a 10 minute video ._.

Put simply, back in the day farmers needed an extra hour or something like that of day to take care of their farming duties. These days its really not needed.

Put simply, back in the day farmers needed an extra hour or something like that of day to take care of their farming duties. These days its really not needed.

I think some people believe that DST also save electricity because there is also an extra hour of daylight, so you dont need to turn on the lights for an extra hour.

Someone I worked with years ago told me that even farmers thought DST was BS because farmers wake up before sunlight anyway. However, he liked to tell some tall tales, so I would take that with a grain of salt.

Someone I worked with years ago told me that even farmers thought DST was BS because farmers wake up before sunlight anyway. However, he liked to tell some tall tales, so I would take that with a grain of salt.
This can become different in every countries.
Here in Japan sun will raise in 4:30 in summer, in Netherlands, Belgium, Germany sun will raise in 7:30, in Poland sun will raise in 6:00, Korea and China is 5:30, Spain and England is 6:00, Italy is 6:30, Russia (Vladivostok) is 4:00.

I think some people believe that DST also save electricity because there is also an extra hour of daylight, so you dont need to turn on the lights for an extra hour.

We actually lose an hour of day light and have to turn the lights on earlier this time of year.

What's DLS?

DLS = Day Light Savings.

We actually lose an hour of day light and have to turn the lights on earlier this time of year.

Losing an hour of daylight may save electricity for some people who go to bed earlier because of losing an hour of daylight, so they turn off their TV, computer, game consoles, and other devices an hour earlier after going to bed earlier.

Save a little on electric bills

Sometimes people may end up saving a lot if they just go home after work mainly to sleep, and decide to not watch TV and use computers because the dark night sky make them feel like going to bed rather than staying up to watch TV, and use their computer like the summer where the sun light and the suns heat makes it hard for them sleep. Some people tend to fall asleep easier when their home is dark, and it is also dark outside which cause them to fall asleep when sitting on a chair or laying in bed.

Back