Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Disney Interactive Studios today officially unveiled Epic Mickey, a new adventure title staring Mickey Mouse launching exclusively for the Nintendo Wii in fall 2010.

Development is being handled by Junction Point, a Texas-based studio headed by famed game designer Warren Spector. Spector says Epic Mickey will be an "edgy and unexpected" cartoon adventure.

"Mickey is an adventurous and rambunctious mouse," said Spector. "I want to bring his personality to the forefront, place him in a daunting world and connect his spirited character with video game players worldwide. Ultimately, each player decides for him or herself what makes Mickey cool."

The story centers on rival Oswald the Lucky Rabbit - Walt Disney's first cartoon character in 1927 - and his struggles with Mickey's growing popularity. Oswald becomes the first inhabitant of the Cartoon Wasteland, a twisted world created by sorcerer Yen Sid for retired Disney characters. Mickey stumbles upon the Cartoon Wasteland and inadvertently destroys Oswald's world, and is now forced to face his greatest adversaries.

"Having Warren combine creativity and innovation with one of the world's most famous characters takes Mickey back to his creative roots and allows fans to deepen their engagement with him as a character - especially in video games," said Graham Hopper, executive vice president and general manager of Disney Interactive Studios. "In addition to Warren's lifelong love of cartoons, films and comics, his visionary approach to game design and storytelling will make certain that this heroic tale of discovery and redemption resonates with Disney fans and gamers alike."‪

For Epic Mickey's paint brush controls, players will swing the Wii Remote using paint and thinner to "re-shape the world around them," which includes dynamically changing its environments, interacting with other characters, and Mickey's appearance and abilities.

"The core of this game is the idea of choice and consequence, and how that defines both the character and the player," says Spector. "By putting the mischievous Mickey in an unfamiliar place and asking him to make choices - to help other cartoon characters or choose his own path - the game forces players to deal with the consequences of their actions. Ultimately, players must ask themselves, 'What kind of hero am I?' Each player will come up with a different answer."

source

From what I read in GI magazine, this game is indeed epic.

I wish it was for the PS3 too... It looks REALLY EPIC. If this game is good enough, I just might get the Wii again.

Back