Ever built your own audio equipment like speakers, amps, sub woofer, and microphones?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
No, I have not ever built my own audio equipment. Building my own speakers looks like a fun way to save money on speakers, and have a custom audio setup.

Nope. I do not have the tech knowledge required to build my own audio equipment, so I have never done this.

I probably can wire my own speaker cones, but I'm worried about the stinky toxic fumes/air from soldering lead to the wires.

I also don't have a lot of empty space with good ventilation, so I will end up breathing in a lot of the bad air. There is also a possibility of burning myself or starting a fire if I accidentally left the soldering iron running while it is on top of a pile of plastic, or paper.

My cheap speakers are also good enough for my music needs since I'm not very interested in super high quality sound when watching TV, playing PC games, or listening to music. I think it is not very worth it to save a few dollars by making a pair of cheap speakers from speakers parts.

Nope and I hardly doubt I ever see myself doing so.

Nope and I hardly doubt I ever see myself doing so.

If your college or university forces you to take a college level Physics, electronics or Engineering class, there is a possibility that you may have to make a speaker to learn about magnetism, vibrations, and electrical currents.

If your college or university forces you to take a college level Physics, electronics or Engineering class, there is a possibility that you may have to make a speaker to learn about magnetism, vibrations, and electrical currents.

Oh trust me, they force me to take a lot of BS stuff but thankfully none of that stuff.

Oh trust me, they force me to take a lot of BS stuff but thankfully none of that stuff.

That's good. I think community colleges University transfer programs for people who want to transfer to a University or another college sometimes force students to take physics, biology and chemistry which forces you to make stuff and do labs, and write long lab reports on what you built, and what you learned.

Needing to take un-needed courses may make a lot of students decide to go to a technical/trades school where they just learn how to fix cars, electronics, or cook. But, they may still need to take writing classes to learn how to write a cover letter, resume, and business letters.

That's good. I think community colleges University transfer programs for people who want to transfer to a University or another college sometimes force students to take physics, biology and chemistry which forces you to make stuff and do labs, and write long lab reports on what you built, and what you learned.

Needing to take un-needed courses may make a lot of students decide to go to a technical/trades school where they just learn how to fix cars, electronics, or cook. But, they may still need to take writing classes to learn how to write a cover letter, resume, and business letters.

Sounds like I should have went to a technical school.

Sounds like I should have went to a technical school.

A technical school can be a good option for students who want to do very specific jobs like website designer, Database admin, cameraman, sound recording and 3D animation or a trades job like plumbing, construction, electrician or electronics repair because you usually don't need to take many years like 5-10 years to graduate like university which can take 5 years to finish a degree for some degrees, and cost a lot of money.

Some students have problems finding jobs after University because there are not a lot of jobs available for graduates of the degree, and a lot of people who graduate with similar degrees. I think Journalism jobs are harder to find because of the internet where a lot of people without journalism degrees write news articles for free on Tumblr, Wordpress.com or cheaply on paid to write blogs and sites. Newspapers, magazines, and TV jobs don't hire as many people.

YouTube, Dailymotion, and other video sites has a lot of free news made by video news creators for people to watch for free.

Last edited:
Back