Ever had to downgrade or subscribe to less powerful web hosting plan to save money?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
No, I just use shared web hosting which seems good enough for me for now. There is not much I can downgrade except for going to a free web host which is sometimes more unreliable.

I feel it is becoming more unlikely that I would get enough traffic and activity from members where I need a better web hosting plan with more storage, RAM, and a faster CPU on the server. My websites traffic are not increasing, and sometimes even decreasing because of Search Engine ranking changes, and better websites opening which has more content/media for people to read and talk about on their site.

I feel more people are spending time on more popular websites, social networks, and watching online video, so it is harder for small website owners to convince members to be more active where they need a faster server and web hosting plan.

Last edited:
yes for gamingforce, I don't use the service anymore but I downgraded to keep the site still up.

I think it can be a good idea to downgrade a website which is mostly unused because you switch domain names, so your old members know that you move to a new domain name.

But, you are not spending a lot of money on web hosting for an old website which get very little traffic because most of your members, and visitors are now going to your new domain name if you informed them of the move, and you created a redirect file to automatically redirect traffic to your new domain name.

I haven't yet, I was going to upgrade since I didn't have any permissions for shared and also the CPU/memory is used at a higher level. The outcome that I'm going to stay shared hosting for now.

What are the good shared hosting Companies?

I think it can be a good idea to downgrade a website which is mostly unused because you switch domain names, so your old members know that you move to a new domain name.

But, you are not spending a lot of money on web hosting for an old website which get very little traffic because most of your members, and visitors are now going to your new domain name if you informed them of the move, and you created a redirect file to automatically redirect traffic to your new domain name.

it's nice though that most hosting these days are cheap, so long as your site is small.

it's nice though that most hosting these days are cheap, so long as your site is small.

I agree, it is nice that web hosting is affordable for most buyers unless you live in countries like Mexico where many people are poor, and their money does not have a high value, so it cost a lot to pay for stuff in US dollars after convert Mexican money to American dollars.

Back