Ever upgraded the Antennae on your Wireless Router?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
No, I never upgraded the Antennae on my wireless router because they are usually good enough. I don't live in a big home, and I am usually only a few feet away from my wireless router, so I rarely don't get a wireless signal unless my router is broken.

Most of my wireless wifi problems with slow speeds are from my Internet Service Provider only limiting my speed to a maximum of 15 Mbps download and 1Mbps upload speed for their cheapest broadband internet plan which cost about $30 a month for new users, and goes up in price to $60 after the first year.

My old Netgear didn't have an antennas but my new ASUS router has three of them which work fine for my needs.

My old Netgear didn't have an antennas but my new ASUS router has three of them which work fine for my needs.

Router without external antennae most likely has an internal antennae which you maybe able to upgrade if you know how to. I seen some videos of people adding an external antennae to a tablet, so it is probably possible with a tablet.

Back