Ever used a PC monitor which is breaking/broken for a long amount of time?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I sometimes used LCD computer monitor which is breaking where there is a yellow line on the monitor. The breaking PC monitor was at school where computers and computer equipment is in bad shape.

I also still own an old LCD monitor which is from 2002, and the monitor has a white line at the top. I sometimes use the LCD monitor when I need to turn ON my old PC which I use as an extra PC for the rare time, I can't use my other PCs because they are doing something like a virus scan, or broken.

I have to use one at work that has a few dead pixels in it, it's rather annoying.

I have to use one at work that has a few dead pixels in it, it's rather annoying.

Dead pixels are annoying especially if you use your PC for reading text, and office work like filling out website forms. It is disappointing that the workers and owner of a work computer does not replace broken monitors, and use them until the PC monitor does not turn on, or until many solid lines or a large black spot appears on the monitor.

Dead pixels are annoying especially if you use your PC for reading text, and office work like filling out website forms. It is disappointing that the workers and owner of a work computer does not replace broken monitors, and use them until the PC monitor does not turn on, or until many solid lines or a large black spot appears on the monitor.

when you work for a cheap organization, you have to expect that.

when you work for a cheap organization, you have to expect that.

At least, the monitor is a color monitor, and not a old black and white tube monitor which people can find for free from the junk yard.

I went to a retail store where I saw an employee using software with a text user interface for looking up information on a product. The OS look like MS-DOS or Linux command line based OS.

Retail stores seems to spend the least amount of money on computers, and store software. Some stores keep re-using the same operating systems, and programs until they can't run the software on newer computers, and they can't find used replacement parts to fix their very old computers.

Those customer price checking barcode scanners, which stores hang on the wall for customers to use to check prices, are sometimes very cheap where the monitor looks like it came from a cheap calculator or those cheap MP3 players. I also seen a price checking machine which was made from a cheap 7 inch Windows 8 tablet with a barcode reader attach to the USB port.

I still occasionally see those old heavy tube monitors and TVs at retail stores. The heavy tube monitors, and TVs are the non-flatscreen type of monitor where there is a small curve on the monitor or TV instead of a flat piece of glass on newer tube monitors and TVs.

Last edited:
Back