Ever wish that consoles have more then one disc drive like computers, home stereos, and DVD players/

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Yes, it would be cool if it was possible for game consoles to be able to hold 2 or more game discs in it at the same time, so I'm not constantly taking out discs to play another disc on my game console like some home stereos which can hold 5 Music CDs, so you can easily listen to more then one CD without always opening the disc tray and opening and closing jewel cases for my games to take out and put in games back into my jewel cases.

now that I think of it, PS3 should have came out with this feature. maybe PS4? or the next Wii possibly?

It would be cool, but I think they are moving more towards digital copies of games and less towards disks. I would guess that games will soon be held on memory sticks or something like that, with the feature of being able to cut and paste onto your xbox or whatever game system.

I heard that gaming will soon be run on the internet, and all the processing of the game would be run by large and powerful servers, so the gamer would not have to buy expensive gaming hardware to play the latest games, or worry about running out of hard drive space, losing their console with all their save files, or other unpredictable events.

http://www.onlive.com/ might be the future of gaming when high speed internet is in every home, and it is proven to work.

Back