Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
new rpg game from Ex-Biowares that made KOTOR, BG I and II, Neverwinter and Mass Effect. Hopefully it will be good. They already said classic bioware rpg companions and story choices stuff. Including waifu PLOT choices stuff lol

In Exodus, these gulfs between the flow of time in one solar system and another will be central to your decision-making progress. Should you travel to a distant star in the hopes of rescuing a brilliant scientist, knowing that the years that pass on your homeworld will be threefold? Should you aid a fledgling rebellion on a nearby moon, even though your favorite NPC might age or even die back home?

“This essentially supersizes all of the choices that you make,” Ohlen said. “Instead of seeing the consequences of a choice you make in conversation or in gameplay, you know, days later, or weeks or months later, years or even decades later, you’ll see the impact. The choice you made with, say, bringing a remnant technology back with you, or how you decided to use that tech. You’re going to have all sorts of twists and turns, and family dynamics that just get really weird. You have some children, and you go off, and it’s been a month for you, but 30 years for them. And they’re like, ‘What the fuck, dad?’ [laughs]”

Exodus [is very] handcrafted,” Ohlen said. “Every time you visit a world, we want it to be this experience where everything is unique. We don’t want players to see the horizon. We want them to feel like they’re exploring a universe, and that they can go anywhere, even though they can’t. That’s why we have people on the team from Mass Effect, and we have people from Naughty Dog.

“Procedural generation — that word makes me…” Ohlen coughs, smiles, and restarts. “I see [our universe] more like the Final Fantasy series, where each one is totally different, but in a handcrafted area. And because of time dilation, you can still have characters that show up again, like, you know, a favorite companion might show up, even though a game takes place 5,000 years in the future… It allows us to tell a coherent story with companions with [their own] arcs. It is a bit complex, but it’s something that we’ve already struggled with, and we figured out what the plan is moving forward.”

Exodus will be released on PlayStation 5, Windows PC, and Xbox Series X. It has no release date yet.

• Experience the Emotional Impact of Time Dilation – Time Dilation escalates the emotional impact of your story-driven choices like never before. Traveling on interstellar missions at the edge of lightspeed, time moves differently — days for you can be years, decades, or even centuries for those back home. The world you fight so hard to save moves on without you, changing and evolving while you are left behind. In your absence, friends and family will grow old and change while you remain the same, forcing you to exist outside of time.
  • Explore A Universe of Possibilities – As the Traveler, you navigate the stars on missions to steal alien weapons and technology from the most powerful beings in the universe and humanity’s greatest enemy, the Celestials. These remnants are used to fight a destructive force that threatens the entire galaxy, including your homeworld. Through exploration, you understand your universe, the Celestials, and how you are connected to the fate of humanity.
  • Lead A Diverse Cast of Companions – As humanity’s savior, you will lead a diverse set of companions in your fight for humanity, many of whom have their own quests and romance paths. Willing to brave unfathomable danger and to stare into the abyss at your side, they are ready to join you in facing whatever arises. These are not just brave soldiers – they are genetically engineered savants, punk mech pilots, geniuses cursed with alien viruses, and more.
  • Own Your Journey – In EXODUS, you have the agency to customize your experience, from your character to your progression, combat style, and the companions you choose. With each mission, you grow more powerful as you progress from a lowly salvager to humanity’s last hope. As you infiltrate dangerous alien strongholds, you’ll need to decide which combat tactics and strategies you’ll use to exploit your enemy’s weakness.

Last edited:
Exodus looks like a nice space themed RPG game. Hopefully, it would be fun to play.

Exodus looks like a nice space themed RPG game. Hopefully, it would be fun to play.
Indeed, hopefully it will be a "return to form" Bioware rpg game.

2 books based on the game announced, read from CBR:

Random House Worlds will publish two novels from science fiction author Peter F. Hamilton, based on Archetype Entertainment's new AAA sci-fi action-adventure role-playing game, Exodus.

Exodus: The Archimedes Engine, the first of the two books, in print and digital formats later this year on September 14. Random House Audio will also release an audiobook edition of the novel. Exodus: The Archimedes Engine will immerse readers in a thrilling, action-packed, sci-fi epic that spans generations in the futuristic video game universe of Exodus set 40,000 years in the future, where humanity has fled a dying Earth to find a new home on a hostile galaxy and have become underdogs fighting for survival.

Exodus: The Archimedes Engine author Hamilton discussed how the novel, though thematically similar to other things he had written in a career that has spanned three decades, still differed from his other books. "I've been a published author for thirty years, and most of my books are space operas. I write in that part of the genre because it enables grand ideas to flourish. Yet this book is different for me. I've never written anything this far into the future before," he said.

Hamilton continued, "The fact that it's set in AD 43,000 was the main reason I signed on to the project. It granted me the ability to explore places, societies, and technology right out there on the edge of the fantastical. No science fiction author could resist the opportunity to push their imagination out to the kind of extreme that this timeframe allows. Simply writing it was a wonderful experience, which you'll hopefully share when you read it."

They revealed a really ugly looking female character companion ugh. female companion Character design is not "classic bioware" so far dang it.

Back