Experts Offer GTA V Sales Predictions

Lleyn

Beep
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Never short of great figures, analysts took out their tarot cards and crystal balls to predict the number of sales that will follow the launch of the next GTA.

Thus, in his GTA V sales predictions, Colin Sebastian of Baird expects to see 13 million copies of the game sold right after its launch sales and reach up to $ 20 million throughout the first year. His colleague Doug Creutz of Cowen & Company for his part predicted that the game will sell at least 18 million units during the first twelve months, but later added that his actual guess could be any number between 18 and 25 million.

So basically, according to analysts, the game is expected to sell nearly as well as its predecessors. Let us recall that GTA IV reached a total of 25 million units, while San Andreas holds the record of 27.5 million copies sold, making it still the third most successful game in the history of gaming.

As a reminder, GTA V is scheduled to be released on both the PS3 and the Xbox 360 on September 17.

I hope there wrong, I love it when analyst just fail their jobs.

These guys are just bored and throwing random numbers out.

Still I think GTA5 will beat the San Andreas record.

I love how they tried to predict the sales, why does it matter? The game will obviously do well in sales.

I have heard rumours about the pc version being released sometime next year but waiting for rockstar to confirm.

The analysts are usually close on their predictions, but I would like to see this come out for PC as well.

I'm sure GTAV (PC) will sell really well. A lot of people are talking about it and saying they are buying it. I only think the hype is less big as when the XBOX and PS3 versions got released. Still... I'm (luckily) no analyst.

Back