Faith

Counter argument! Prove science.

Well, the laws I'm referring to are things like the existence and magnitude of gravity. Or, consider the universe was created in a certain dimension different from our one... 1D? If the universe was just a random creation, it could have turned out many different ways, correct? I just find it ironic from a philosophical point of view, NOT a scientific point of view, that all the conditions were met for life to be possible. And, yes, I know the universe has a large amount of planets, but if you were trying to disprove the belief of, say Christianity, Earth would be the only example that mattered.

Also, there are plenty of scientists who have a religion. The two cannot contradict each other, but can affect one's decision about another. Science cannot prove nor disprove the existence of a being beyond our control to observe. In the same regards, believing a "sacred text" that might say disregard proven theories isn't disproving anything either.

By the way, disproving science is kind of impossible, at least for me being 15 years-old lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
No matter how hard you try, you'll never be as toasty as said toaster. Have fun warming up in blankets, toasters have built in warming devices.
Even more forever alone that a toaster...

By the way, disproving science is kind of impossible, at least for me being 15 years-old lol.
Just keep an open mind about it. Is anything really concrete? Theorems, even age-old theorems, can, are, and have been disproven.

Errr, so was raised openly, my mom and schools that I went to taught me a bit of everything... never really got into religion until I hit 17, so I already had knowledge of the bible aforehand and kinda had the feeling there had to be more than just this... Not easy to fully explain, but I do have my faith... However floating somewhere between Christianity and Judaism, I just don't like the way the new testament is written...

Also If you're an agnostic you're basically an atheist... I mean if god presents himself to you no matter how atheist you are it would be hard to go against it nay? In that manner I guess everyone could be considered agnostic... and it just doesn't work
tongue.gif
If anything an excuse for being politically correct and avoiding confrontation with ones self and others...

Also everyone is free to believe whatever they want, don't agree? Then agree to disagree! And I'm happy to see a forum talking bout religious content without going up in flames!
smile.gif

Also on science, we are still discovering new stuff every day, the laws of nature we may have now may be changed e.g. E=mc2 is already an unstable concept at this time but ground breaking for it's time and even at this time we are still discovering new elements for our periodic table, we don't even clearly know how a brain works! For now we just are not able to comprehend I guess...

Science and religion can both co-exist as well as contradict, however both are based on theories, and in our lifetime that is about as far as we will get!

Back