Fake Games

Andy

Awards
Credits
These are the games that I recently bought, 4 from eBay while the others are from online or local game stores.

I got 6 games today:

Professor Layton and the Pandora Box
Dragon Quest IX ~Sentinels of the Starry Sky
Golden Sun ~ Dark Dawn
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy IV
Nostalgia

I was so happy but.....

P1140328.jpg

I found out that 3 out of 4 games that I bought from eBay are fake.

P1140332.jpg

P1140329.jpg

P1140331.jpg

P1140330.jpg

P1140333.jpg

Dragon Quest IX was in that condition, so I quickly checked the 3 games that I bought from eBay. The other 2 games (Prof Layton and Golden Sun is in perfect condition though).

The case itself doesn't seems original...

P1140334.jpg

Inside the case, it should have "Nintendo" written on it but I couldn't find it in these 3 games...

P1140338.jpg

Now the game itself...

P1140336.jpg

It's really hard to take out the 3 games and you can see the side of the game that I wanted to take out...

P1140335.jpg

Behind the cartridges (you can see the gold and green colour there, not the big "Nintendo" written on the back of the cartridge), it says "Nintendo" -> This is fake, because no game cartridge had "Nintendo" written on it. It has to be something like "Y D1 S-9 Y98-03" (not have to be exactly the same number or letter, but it should not have "Nintendo" at the back.

Lastly but not least, if you play the Fake Game and it appear to be a different game then it is fake. For example, you put Dragon Quest IX but it appears as Final Fantasy in your screen, then most probably it is fake.

If you have any other way to know that DS games are fake, please let all of us know by posting in this thread...

Thanks....

Last edited by a moderator:
That sucks.

But that's why I refrain from buying things across the internet, especially Ebay.

GREAT-GALLOPIN GULPITS $69.95 for a 3ds game?I thought they were $40?

Welcome to Australia
smile.gif

The cheapest one that I could find in Sydney is $59.94

holy crapper.. your wallets are being demolished over there! Is australia economy THAT good or something? Ppl just have more money
tongue.gif
now the whole region code thing makes soooooooo much more sense

Well, basically, don't buy cartridge games from eBay (discs are harder to pirate).
Which country do you live in, Andy? I could recommend some reputable online stores.

Welcome to Australia
smile.gif

The cheapest one that I could find in Sydney is $59.94

holy crapper.. your wallets are being demolished over there! Is australia economy THAT good or something? Ppl just have more money
tongue.gif
now the whole region code thing makes soooooooo much more sense

Yes, it's that expensive =.=

3DS games cost around $59 to $79, that's why I bought some games in local stores but I also try other online stores as well. Also some of the Great tittle on DS games are also expensive.

Well, basically, don't buy cartridge games from eBay (discs are harder to pirate).
Which country do you live in, Andy? I could recommend some reputable online stores.

I am living in Sydney and yes, there are many reputable online stores. The one that you recommended me (videogameplus) is good though the shipping is a little expensive. I got the games from them today (Nostalgia, FF III, and FF IV).

Btw, do we get Nintendo club points when we purchased Nostalgia, FF III, and FF IV?

Can u return the fake games to ebay? Or at least complain to ebay that the seller gave u fake games? lol

if your playing fake games, might as well get urself an r4 (flash cart) save u even more money =P

*high five*

if your playing fake games, might as well get urself an r4 (flash cart) save u even more money =P

I don't play fake games. There's a risk when you play fake games, you might encounter glitches.

Errors and glitches does not mean "fatal". Using a flashcard is the same as using the real game really. You get all the features and such. When it comes to fake games...I'd try to get a refund...or buy from a more reliable source.

Errors and glitches does not mean "fatal". Using a flashcard is the same as using the real game really. You get all the features and such. When it comes to fake games...I'd try to get a refund...or buy from a more reliable source.
Yes, but most would still rather not encounter them.
And then there's the fact that playing pirated games is theft.

@Porkman: I asked for refund and the seller agreed and he also willing to pay for the postage fees which costs me more than $20 to send back the game.

@Kunino & Porkman: Yes, it's basically piracy so I would like to avoid it but that's not the main reasons why I prefer to buy the original games. If you play Fake/pirated games, the chances that the game encounter errors is there. Imagine you spend 20++ hours and suddenly bum... all gone and had to restart the game again... Sometimes the glitch may not be serious but I wouldn't want to encounter it...

@Kunino: I had some good online websites but the delivery takes time, for example I ordered Okamiden from Axel on April 16th, they just delivered the item today. So I still had to wait for another 1-3 weeks =.=

But one of the website you told me before is pretty good. Btw, do we get Nintendo Club points for Final Fantasy III, Final Fantasy IV and Nostalgia? Cause I didn't received any Nintendo points from videogamesplus.

You won't get any Club Nintendo points from those games, since they are not published by Nintendo (there are a few exceptions to this rule, but they aren't them).

Back