Fake Sell-Out Journalists

Aensland

Succubus
Awards
Credits
As a journalist myself people like this seriously piss me off:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/01/blue-estate-review

Note the date of the review and then read the comments for it. Note the score given to the game as well.

So, here's the bottom line, because GamersGate was going on they felt the need to attempt to appeal to the masses by kissing their asses supporting the female populous and making a big deal about how the main playable character objectifies women. NEVER do they mention how it is a film noir mafioso parody and how in those films mafiosos were often - more often than not - portrayed as womanizers who considered women objects and referred to them similarly.

Second fact, whomever decided that guy (apparently a fellow Italian by his name) needed to do the review is a moron. "Hey, let's give this review to a guy whom openly states his distaste for the genre the game bases itself around". Good move, idiot. Of COURSE he is going to insult the game's premise; he went into it closed-minded about it..

The entirety of the review is just them going on about the seemingly offensive material rather than discussing gameplay elements. Did you know there are pick-ups that allow you to slow down time? How about how certain objects in the background can be shot or broken for extra bonus points? How about the fact that it incorporates the touch pad on the PS4 controller to knock back thrown objects like bottles or evade melee attackers' swings at you? Did you know there is a co-op mode? Unless you played the demo or full game you probably wouldn't know any of that because this sad excuse of a game reviewer decided reviewing a game wasn't nearly as good of an idea as taking a political stand from a soap box based on the 1930s.

Notice how almost every commentor is saying the review is a joke and wrong and how the game is actually good? Yeah, further shows they were just trying to jump onto a band wagon of supporting ethnicity and gender rather than taking it for what it is. I mean, I was laughing my ass of at how they portrayed us Italians - especially how the bangs of hair fall into your line of vision often and make the main character, a son of a mafia Don by the way, bitch about his non-holding Vaseline and greasy hair. Growing up I remember my grandfather globbing that crap into my hair to keep it slicked back and it doing the same. I laughed at the accuracy of the stereotype rather than get offended. Like one commentor says; this game is not NEARLY as objectifying or offensive as games like GTA5 which IGN gave a 10/10! A solid point, I must say!

If I ever become a sell-out of a reviewer whom stops reviewing games for what they are and merely states what I believe people want to hear, somebody kill me. It makes a mockery of the industry - especially when working for a big name site. And I've seen this kind of shit from other big labels as well. For example, when game Informer started out I LOVED Reiner's reviews because if a game was bad he was harsh and comedic with his insults. Ever since they became popular you see less of his reviews and the ones you do see are VERY tame and you can tell he tries not to insult or offend the developers.He changed his entire personality due to popularity, I feel. Why would you do that when being whom you were is what GOT you there in the first place?

I do what I do because I enjoy it; not because I give two shits what the developers or anyone else cares! I CANNOT and WILL NOT be bought! Those who appear to be doing otherwise or have become fake just outright offend me.

*huffs* Sick of current events effecting journalism in the game industry.

As a journalist myself people like this seriously piss me off:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/01/blue-estate-review

Note the date of the review and then read the comments for it. Note the score given to the game as well.

So, here's the bottom line, because GamersGate was going on they felt the need to attempt to appeal to the masses by kissing their asses supporting the female populous and making a big deal about how the main playable character objectifies women. NEVER do they mention how it is a film noir mafioso parody and how in those films mafiosos were often - more often than not - portrayed as womanizers who considered women objects and referred to them similarly.

Second fact, whomever decided that guy (apparently a fellow Italian by his name) needed to do the review is a moron. "Hey, let's give this review to a guy whom openly states his distaste for the genre the game bases itself around". Good move, idiot. Of COURSE he is going to insult the game's premise; he went into it closed-minded about it..

The entirety of the review is just them going on about the seemingly offensive material rather than discussing gameplay elements. Did you know there are pick-ups that allow you to slow down time? How about how certain objects in the background can be shot or broken for extra bonus points? How about the fact that it incorporates the touch pad on the PS4 controller to knock back thrown objects like bottles or evade melee attackers' swings at you? Did you know there is a co-op mode? Unless you played the demo or full game you probably wouldn't know any of that because this sad excuse of a game reviewer decided reviewing a game wasn't nearly as good of an idea as taking a political stand from a soap box based on the 1930s.

Notice how almost every commentor is saying the review is a joke and wrong and how the game is actually good? Yeah, further shows they were just trying to jump onto a band wagon of supporting ethnicity and gender rather than taking it for what it is. I mean, I was laughing my ass of at how they portrayed us Italians - especially how the bangs of hair fall into your line of vision often and make the main character, a son of a mafia Don by the way, bitch about his non-holding Vaseline and greasy hair. Growing up I remember my grandfather globbing that crap into my hair to keep it slicked back and it doing the same. I laughed at the accuracy of the stereotype rather than get offended. Like one commentor says; this game is not NEARLY as objectifying or offensive as games like GTA5 which IGN gave a 10/10! A solid point, I must say!

If I ever become a sell-out of a reviewer whom stops reviewing games for what they are and merely states what I believe people want to hear, somebody kill me. It makes a mockery of the industry - especially when working for a big name site. And I've seen this kind of shit from other big labels as well. For example, when game Informer started out I LOVED Reiner's reviews because if a game was bad he was harsh and comedic with his insults. Ever since they became popular you see less of his reviews and the ones you do see are VERY tame and you can tell he tries not to insult or offend the developers.He changed his entire personality due to popularity, I feel. Why would you do that when being whom you were is what GOT you there in the first place?

I do what I do because I enjoy it; not because I give two shits what the developers or anyone else cares! I CANNOT and WILL NOT be bought! Those who appear to be doing otherwise or have become fake just outright offend me.

*huffs* Sick of current events effecting journalism in the game industry.
May Isis burn the game journalism down the ground!

.... ._. I think I went to dark in the post?

Isn't that Polygon in general?

Every single thing on that site is social justice propoganda masquerading as a video game review or article. There is absolutely zero interest in games or game design in general there.

But yeah, the article you point out is pretty bad as well.

Back