Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
August 26, 2007 - Ubi-Soft brought the goods at PAX 07, with an extended demonstration of an early version of Far Cry 2 stealing the show. You may have read some of our earlier impressions from a similar demo shown last week during the Games Convention in Germany, and while this article will touch on similar territory, we're going to focus on some of the exclusive details the developers let slip during this showing.

It's clear Far Cry 2's new developers were huge fans of the original, yet they wanted to do something else, something different, for its sequel, while staying true to the first game. Hell, it seems every game takes place on an island these days - it was time for a new local: the African Savanna.

Although it wasn't shown, the developer made us privy to the basic plot for Far Cry 2. You awake in an African hotel room, bedridden, infected with Malaria. You look over and spot a man sitting in a chair next to your bed, laughing at you, taunting you. This man is apparently the kingpin of the largest illegal arms dealer in the country, and has been selling weapons to the country's two major factions. It appears he's getting a kick from reading your memoirs. Why he doesn't kill you now isn't made clear, but when he leaves the room, you know that your goal, your mission, is to kill that man.

more here

yeah i saw that demo and it only strenthend my want for this game!

to be perfectly honest though i am looking forward to crysis much more.

Back