Far Cry 3: Classic Edition

IntoxNitram

GamingLatest Slave
Staff member
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Coming out with the release of Far Cry 5 for modern consoles. This excites me very much as it is the best Far Cry game I have played and one of my favourite games from last-gen. Will you be playing it?

Never played this series, not sure if I will.

This is the only Far Cry game I've play. The graphics of it is so amazing and the story is nice as well. I'm amazed how this game created and I am really satisfied on its gameplay. The game is very challenging to play especially on hard mode but chicken when in easy mode.

I never played the original Far Cry, but I started out with Far Cry 2. I probably wouldn't have picked up Far Cry 2 for the gameplay alone, but Blood Diamond was one of my favorite movies at the time, so the African setting and mercenary themes really got my attention. It was an alright game at best, but nothing really worthy of excessive praise.

Far Cry 3, on the other hand, was in a league of its own. That game was fantastic. The melding of open-world RPG and first person shooter elements was perfect, and the whole tower unlock/base liberation system felt quite fresh at the time. But of course as soon as Ubisoft saw that something worked, they just had to milk that cow dry.

I haven't played the recent Far Cry games for longer than two hours because they all just feel like the same game now.

Comes out as standalone within the next month, if I clear a couple of the games I'm currently playing I think I might buy it straight away.

Back