Fate Unlimited Codes review

adamarclight

Credits
"One of the best fighting game ever!"

Fate Unlimited Codes is a fighting game that was made from Fate Stay Night, Fate Zero, Heavens Feel Fate Hollow Ataraxia characters. Fate/Stay Night itself is a highly popular Visual Novel released in Japan. This game has earned many fans in Asia. The Story of this game is about The Holy Grail War, where 7 people are chosen as Masters, usually some sort of mage or magus, and summons a Servant.
Each servant has different class, they are Berserker class, mage class, saber class, archer class, lancer class, assasine class and rider class. The Servants themselves are heroic spirits of ancient heroes or powerful beings from fictions, legends, and myth. The reason for this war "the winner will get one wish granted" as the reward from the holy war. However, to get this reward they must kill each other till only one master and servant left.

Graphics: 7.5/10
This game was made in 2008. I personally think that their graphics are topnotch, however the standard of game quality raised and so i give 7.5 for the graphic. I myself think the game graphics aren't bad even now.

Sound: 9/10
Each character have a unique sound with every different moves. The bgm are quite interesting itself and some of it can be found in their animes and visual novels. This made the fans attracted and try this fighting game.

Gameplay: 9/10
The attack consists in this game are weak, medium and strong attack and they got a reflect guard button which would parry any attack except special moves and counter it. Parry button can be activated by sacrificing 50% of your magic circuit. Special moves can be activated by sacrificing 100% or 200% of your magic circuit, although most of it is 100%. Your total magic circuit is 300% and you can do a magic burst if have at least 100% magic circuit. Every time you activated magic burst at 300% magic circuit, you get a boost based on your character. The examples are longer combos, boost damage 10%, and many others. There's a special ultimate move(EX) that can be activated after the holy grail activated. To activate the grail, both player need to get damage 10000 or larger and the last one hits the enemy gets the grail. With sacrifice of 200% magic circuit while doing burst may grant small invulnerability but this move will push the enemy to the other side, this way this cancels the enemy move and only can be used as a defensive move.

Final Score: 8.5/10
This game got many difficult cancel combos and i think all fighting gamers should try those combos.

This is a trailer of the game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT6JH6MQmKQ

looks better than most of the battles that happened in the anime. I wonder if this would come to the states?

and what system is this for?

Back