Favorite movie that came out in 2017?

reginafalange

Full GL Member
Credits
So far my favorite is Wonder Woman. I saw the trailer to Baby Driver yesterday and it looks very promising. What are your favorites?

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is the only movie I've seen this year, but I don't see anything beating it. Unless Star Wars Episode 8 completely owns.

I haven't watched a lot of movies this year to have a definite answer. Superhero movies are always easy ones, but I'm a fan of horror movies as well. I saw a trailer of Stephen King's IT due to be released soon and that looked promising. If it were a lot like the story (or even close), then it can't fail. It will be the scariest movie of the year easily. Also, I hate clowns, so there's that.

So far my favorite is Wonder Woman. I saw the trailer to Baby Driver yesterday and it looks very promising. What are your favorites?
Wonder Woman looked great in the trailers but all I see is a prequel to the real movie, Justice League. It's basically a pit stop, and nothing would really matter in that movie. The US won, Wonder Woman is still alive since the movie happened in the 1930s; so basically it's 2 hours of superhero origin story that probably won't have any implications for the plot of the Justice League movie that will air in 2018.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is the only movie I've seen this year, but I don't see anything beating it. Unless Star Wars Episode 8 completely owns.
I hear GoG2 sucked pretty hard; which is a shame since they are bound to appear in the Infinity Wars with Doctor Strange right? It's always the same with sequels; they always have this much hype but they fail to deliver because of a bad plot, nothing new to do anymore, or the fan favorite died in the last movie. Same with other superhero sequels as well; Thor 2, Iron Man 2 sucked (compared to the first), and the only superhero movie with decent to great sequels is Captain America, which was a surprise because most people thought his movies would flop compared to everyone with superpowers.

I hear GoG2 sucked pretty hard; which is a shame since they are bound to appear in the Infinity Wars with Doctor Strange right? It's always the same with sequels; they always have this much hype but they fail to deliver because of a bad plot, nothing new to do anymore, or the fan favorite died in the last movie. Same with other superhero sequels as well; Thor 2, Iron Man 2 sucked (compared to the first), and the only superhero movie with decent to great sequels is Captain America, which was a surprise because most people thought his movies would flop compared to everyone with superpowers.
Who says that? It's two, maybe three times better than GotG 1. I've heard nothing but good things.

Who says that? It's two, maybe three times better than GotG 1. I've heard nothing but good things.
Really? People in the forums I visit say it sucked hard. Like "never gonna make a 3rd movie" suck. I'll probably watch it before Infinity War comes out. I'm not interested in it currently and there are a lot of superhero movies out there these days; it's difficult to find the time to watch them all.

I saw a trailer of Stephen King's IT due to be released soon and that looked promising. If it were a lot like the story (or even close), then it can't fail.

I agree! SK will treat us this year, I can't wait for The Dark Tower either I'm not that fond of movies, so I've been pleasantly surprised so far.
Another trailer that caught my eye was Murder on the Orient Express, the old-timey look it has caught my eye and the plot has been represented so many times in other media that I have to see how the original story progresses.

I agree! SK will treat us this year, I can't wait for The Dark Tower either I'm not that fond of movies, so I've been pleasantly surprised so far.
Another trailer that caught my eye was Murder on the Orient Express, the old-timey look it has caught my eye and the plot has been represented so many times in other media that I have to see how the original story progresses.
I'll keep my eye on those, thanks. It's nice to find horror movie enthusiasts; most people in real life look at me like some sort of weirdo for saying I enjoy watching horror movies. I mean, what's the alternative? Watching lovey dovey flicks? No way. Also, the Last Train To Busan is apparently a pretty horrific movie; lots of Asian movies are, so I'll check on them next.

Really? People in the forums I visit say it sucked hard. Like "never gonna make a 3rd movie" suck. I'll probably watch it before Infinity War comes out. I'm not interested in it currently and there are a lot of superhero movies out there these days; it's difficult to find the time to watch them all.
What forums? Guardians 2 reviewed well and took in more money at the box office than the first film. If they don't make a third one, it's simply because they don't have time with all of the other Marvel movies planned for production.

Surely Baby Driver is my favorite so far, the soundtrack is amazing and has a reason to be there, unlike other soundtracks it has some use in the movie, like an interactive soundtrack, and of course it's a cool movie, it's an Edgar Wright movie, Edgar Wright is never Edgar Wrong.

Too early to say my favorite for 2017, but I suppose it would be Wonder Woman so far also. I loved the movie and I thought it was a great turnaround for DC films, especially after the past few flops. I personally can't wait for Justice League, I didn't expect much before but after seeing the trailer, it looks like they're taking a different turn and I can't wait to see it.

Back