Favorite Opening and Closing Bands for Anime?

Demon_Skeith

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
What are some of your favorite bands that you like to have do an anime's opening and closing themes? Such as having them makes it better to watch?

I have too many favorite opening themes, but I'll limit myself to three.

Lucky Star. It's just so upbeat and fun to listen to. Plus the choreography at 1:07 is on point.

Rosario Vampire Capu 2. Pretty much the same reason, but plus disco techno. Plus Nana Mizuki has such a great voice. I mean season 1 of RV has a great opening too, but I prefer this one.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. What can I say, this is perfect for me because this is one of my favorite anime's, has my favorite anime girl, and is sung by Aya Hirano, who also voices Haruhi in Japanese (even though I watched the English dub) and I absolutely love her music! I mean if you want more check out Lost My Music (my personal favorite) or God Knows.

As for closing theme only 3 come to mind right now.

Haruhi again because of the same reasons, but also this probably one of the most well know anime closings ever. If not for the music, then for the dance. I've been to a lot of conventions where people gather round and dance to this song with this choreography. Plus it was used in Nico Nico Douga, which you may know that 10 minute automatic Mario level. (It also has the opening to Lucky Star in it.)

Dragon Ball Super closing 1 and 2. It's a dead tie. Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z were my childhood and just watching Goku go from a kid to an adult is powerful. Even though the original Dragon Ball will always be my favorite (because it isn't all about power, it about a boy who wants to be the strongest), the whole series just has this power over me. Like, I've been watching Dragon Ball Super every Saturday since they started showing it on Toonami and I feel like a kid again.

The reason for the second closing is because it's just as powerful. The first time I saw it and Goku was holding the four star ball I saw like, "Oh cool, Goku is holding the four star ball lol Team Four Star..." the realization struck, "Oh god, Goku is holding the four star ball..." And I won't lie I cried super hard the first time I saw it. Like, if you don't know the meaning of the four star dragon ball, you'll just think he's holding a dragon ball, but if you know Dragon Ball as well as I did, then you'd know why I cried.

For me, one of the best opening bands is Asian Kung Fu Generation
Also there is the great opening from Death Note, the world by Nightmare
and closing themes there is the first one from Fate/Zero, Memoria by Eir Aoi

My favorite bands are two, usually dedicated to singing Openings: JAM Project and Granrodeo.

JAM Project are the ROYALTY when it comes to Hot-Blooded opening themes, Hironobu Kageyama is that one singer that sang all your favorite anime openings from ancient times and you didn't know (DBZ and Saint Seiya, for example) and he provides the lead vocals for songs that are going to pump you up beyond what you thought possible. If you don't believe me, remember JAM Project sings the One Punch Man opening!

Next we have Granrodeo, a group that has a famous seiyuu's vocals, this time Kisho Taniyama. They are responsible for almost every single Kuroko no Basket opening and since I'm a biased person I'm not going to link you to a single opening, oh no, of course not. I'm going to link you to all Kuroko no Basket openings, because the world should listen to Granrodeo! (All are sung by the band except OP 6, by the way) My personal favorites are songs for OP1, OP3 and OP7, but if you feel curious enough to watch them all, go ahead!

My favorite bands are two, usually dedicated to singing Openings: JAM Project and Granrodeo.

JAM Project are the ROYALTY when it comes to Hot-Blooded opening themes, Hironobu Kageyama is that one singer that sang all your favorite anime openings from ancient times and you didn't know (DBZ and Saint Seiya, for example) and he provides the lead vocals for songs that are going to pump you up beyond what you thought possible. If you don't believe me, remember JAM Project sings the One Punch Man opening!

[/MEDIA]
Oh wow, I had no idea JAM Project did the theme to OPM. One of my favorite songs of all time is by JAM Project and as far as I know, it's not a theme from an anime.

Either way, that might explain why I like the theme to OPM so much... that or it's just a really good song regardless of the band. I also had no idea they did Cha La Head Cha La from DBZ.

Oh wow, I had no idea JAM Project did the theme to OPM. One of my favorite songs of all time is by JAM Project and as far as I know, it's not a theme from an anime.

Either way, that might explain why I like the theme to OPM so much... that or it's just a really good song regardless of the band. I also had no idea they did Cha La Head Cha La from DBZ.

Dang, I hadn't heard that one song in particular, the intro is brutal, I think I love it.

And in any case, technically only Hironobu Kageyama sung Cha-La Head Cha-La, he's got the most legendary vocals in the industry by far, and then went on to become a member of JAM Project alongside famous singers (like Masami Okui too, I think!) I assure you the band is a huge part of why the song is so good, they're extremely famous for singing theme songs that are very similar to the OPM opening, the kings of Hot-Blooded anime music. I redirect you to this video that lists a ranking of Top 30 anime openings by JAM Project. It's a JEWEL and I'm sure you'll find at least one more song you like!

Dang, I hadn't heard that one song in particular, the intro is brutal, I think I love it.

And in any case, technically only Hironobu Kageyama sung Cha-La Head Cha-La, he's got the most legendary vocals in the industry by far, and then went on to become a member of JAM Project alongside famous singers (like Masami Okui too, I think!) I assure you the band is a huge part of why the song is so good, they're extremely famous for singing theme songs that are very similar to the OPM opening, the kings of Hot-Blooded anime music. I redirect you to this video that lists a ranking of Top 30 anime openings by JAM Project. It's a JEWEL and I'm sure you'll find at least one more song you like!

Right. I love how it sounds like a final battle song.

A lot of those songs are good. I just haven't heard of any of those anime's besides Cardfight Vangard because I have a friend was into that for a while.

Here we go again, more hard choices for me to dwell on, sheesh! (*`д´*)
But very well, allow me to share this humble opinion of mine.

Netsujō no Spectrum - The Seaven Deadly Sins
A first opening in an anime is serious business for me, especially when I'm testing the ground. Now, this one portrays that shounen-ish slash adventure feeling that I love, so I'm not exaggerating when I say this convinced me to give the series a try.

BLOODY STREAM - Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: The Animation
Look. At. Those. Colours.
You can't just focus on ONE thing, there's so much going on here that no matter how many times I rewatch it, I always end up finding a new detail I hadn't noticed before. If an opening can convince you not to skip it to go straight to the episode, then you know they are doing things right.

And now, an oldie to finish my post~

Jikuu Ryokou - Pet Shop of Horrors
I don't have a fancy explanation for this one lol.
I'm just weak to nostalgic, 90's anime songs ヾ(○・ω・)ノ☆

Back