Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

Really a damn shame, but if you want any games, now is the time as this guy above bought everything he could!

Wii U and 3DS Eshops close on March 27th 2023.

And with that, the eShop on both the Wii U and 3DS has now shut down for good. RIP, now you know the prices of 3DS and Wii U games are going to jump up. If you've got any physical games, especially the Pokemon games I would hold on to them unless you wish to make some cash.

And with that, the eShop on both the Wii U and 3DS has now shut down for good. RIP, now you know the prices of 3DS and Wii U games are going to jump up. If you've got any physical games, especially the Pokemon games I would hold on to them unless you wish to make some cash.

Damn you're right, I should be out shopping for that.

And a reminder it's still very easy to homebrew your 3DS.
And the Xbox One not having an emulator is a crime.

The prices really won’t change much, even after the shops go down. You might have some initial asshole scalpers, but those disappear quickly.

The rare and expensive games are already rare and expensive. The popular common games aren’t going to be expensive.

Digital stores didn’t really change the prices much for physical copies. There’s tons of games currently available for normal prices on digital, but the physical copy goes for hundreds.

It's always sad when this happens, I noticed the next day that the physical second hand market had a boom. Prices went up!

It's always sad when this happens, I noticed the next day that the physical second hand market had a boom. Prices went up!
Tbh it’s probably a temporary thing to make quick cash off of gullible people panic buying. It’s pretty suspicious to see the prices on Pricecharting spike up after the announcement of the eshop’s closure.

Super Mario 3D Allstars skyrocketed in price on EBay the day after it was discontinued, but now it’s dropped to more reasonable prices. $70 is kind of pricey, but a godsend from scores of people charging $300+ for it.

The expensive physical games were already expensive regardless of them having digital releases. Some of the Megaten games from Atlus were already pushing $100 before despite being available digitally. Actually, SMT4 Apocalypse went down in price recently… someone must have found some shipping crates full of copies…

This is (in my opinion) the best guide for hacking your 3DS. It's rather easy.

There's one for Wii U as well.

Last edited:
Back