Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
After throwing a grand event just to announce a release date of a game 10 years in the making and to announce a delay at the last second, there is nothing more shameful and embarrassing.

Today Square Enix confirmed a rumor that popped up over the weekend that Final Fantasy XV will be delayed to November 29th, 2016 from its original planned September 30th date. It's not surprising this has been delayed, since one of the developers had this to say when optimizing the game and holding steady frame rate:

I’m not gonna lie, that is a very difficult thing. It’s hard work. It’s troubling us doing that. If we just said ‘we’re gonna cut this off to make it better,’ that could be quite easy, but we really don’t want to do that. We’ve been keeping some people waiting about ten years for this game now, so we really don’t want to cut anything. For example, we could take away the number of enemies who appear at once or cut down the number of effects on screen—it would be very easy to optimize it then, but we don’t want to do that.

Seems like the game is fully done, which is good. Optimization periods seem to always be the reason a game is delayed nowadays. I'm fine with it as long as the game launches in a good state.

I was kind of expecting it to happen, but the devs are probably more disappointed than I am. I don't mind waiting a bit longer, but I'm sure there are other people who want them to keep to their announced release date.

Back