Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Read Kitase is the new FF brand manager translated by siliconera:

As part of the second day of the Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest on May 15, 2021, a torch was passed. During the opening presentation, Square Enix Executive Director and Senior Member of the Board of Directors and former Final Fantasy Brand Manager Shinji Hashimoto appeared on stage. It was then revealed that Square Enix’s Yoshinori Kitase is the new Final Fantasy Brand Manager.

Throughout his time with Square Enix, Yoshinori Kitase constantly worked on the Final Fantasy series. For example, he worked on the original Final Fantasy Adventure on the Game Boy and Final Fantasy V on the Super Nintendo. Most recently, he’s worked on both the Final Fantasy and SaGa series. Most recently, he produced Final Fantasy VII Remake. He’s also the Executive Producer on both the upcoming mobile games Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier and Ever Crisis. FFXIV Producer Naoki Yoshida said Yoshinori Kitase was named Final Fantasy Brand Manager in April 2021.

As for Shinji Hashimoto, he discussed his time with Square Enix and future plans. He reminded people he started at Square back in 1994. He also let people know that he isn’t going anywhere. He said, “I will continue my work at Square Enix. I will not disappear all of a sudden. So I appreciate your continuing support.”

Looks the same to me.
Indeed. Other than 60 fps, not much of noticeable visual upgrades.
They posted new stuff from their site:

Nero​

Nero Render

Nero is a member of the Tsviets - an elite unit within Shinra’s secret military group Deepground. The younger brother of Weiss the Immaculate, he practically worships his incarcerated sibling.

The experiments that brought Nero into the world also left him with the power to control darkness. Some call him ‘Nero the Sable’ and he lives up to the name by engulfing whoever and whatever he pleases in a vast abyss.

He’s voiced by Sean Chiplock.

Scarlet and The Crimson Mare​

Scarlet Render

Scarlet is Shinra’s Director of Advanced Weaponry, and in charge of the very materia that Wutai wants to steal.

When Yuffie and Sonon infiltrate her division, she graciously lets them become test subjects for a suit of battle armor called the Crimson Mare. I mean, that’s just being a good host, right?

Scarlet screenshot

Scarlet developed the awesome armor personally and takes the pilot seat against the heroes. They’ll have their work cut out for them - the Crimson Mare comes equipped with interchangeable weapons, such as sabers and makocannons. True to its name, it’s more than capable of painting the arena red with the blood of its foes.

Scarlet is voiced by Erin Cottrell.

Battle Mechanics​

Next up, we’ll explain a little about how the battle mechanics work in FF7R EPISODE INTERmission. For Yuffie and Sonon, it’s teamwork that makes the dream work. Of course, they also have their limits…

Synergized attacks​

FF7R Episode INTERmission combat

Although Sonon can’t be controlled in battle, he can be given orders. What’s more, with co-ordination, he can work with Yuffie to deliver more powerful attacks.

If both characters have ATB available, pressing L2 will engage synergy with Yuffie and Sonon, allowing them to team up for special attacks that can stagger enemies more easily.

Here’s an example of some of the synergized attacks they can pull off:

Synergized Art of War batters an enemy with a barrage of blows and all subsequent attacks deal increased damage.

Synergized Windstorm creates a gust of wind that hurts nearby enemies and launches them toward you.

Limit breaks​

Just as in the original FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE adventure, characters’ Limit gauges will fill as they take damage. Once Yuffie and Sonon have taken enough abuse, they’ll be able to unleash a devastatingly damaging attack.

FF7R Episode INTERmission limit break

Yuffie’s Limit Break is called Bloodbath.

When used, she’ll unleash a flurry of blows that deal large amounts of damage.

Sonon can utilize the Limit Break Dance of the Dragon.

This lets the character deliver multiple hits with his staff, dealing incredible amounts of damage to any foe unlucky enough to be on the receiving end.

Last edited:
And more on Fort Condor:

Minigame - Fort Condor​

If Yuffie needs a break from clandestine ninja work, she can check out the hot new craze in the Midgar undercity: Fort Condor.

Inspired by one of Shinra's military campaigns, it’s a game of strategy in which two players deploy units to conquer their opponent's base and defend their own. Here’s how it works:

First you select the board, which determines the number of ATB charges and materia available to you. You can also set the units you wish to deploy.

FF7R Episode INTERmission Fort Condor

You use ATB charges to deploy a unit. Once deployed, it will march toward your opponent's base and automatically engage any enemy units it encounters.

A unit is assigned one of three roles: vanguard, ranged, or defense. These determine which enemies it will be effective against.

Materia can be used to cast powerful spells. Timing matters as each orb can only be used once per match, so it’s up to you to decide when is best to use it.

Fort Condor is gaining massive popularity and word on the street (or under it) is that anyone who can defeat the grandmaster can win some rare materia.

Now, does that sound like something a certain Wutaian ninja would be able to resist…?

Read Nomura's comment on Yuffie DLC:

The overarching story follows the original, so considering where this lies in the storyline, Vincent is still in his slumber and Cid is on Shinra’s side, so Yuffie was the only one who would be able to move freely.

I would say I was most particular about whether or not she looked her age. Yuffie is younger than the other main members, as she is still in her teens.
While Cloud and company do have youthful looking faces too, I wanted to make Yuffie look even younger and not fully grown up, so that compared to her, Cloud and crew would look more mature to an extent.

Saw new video:

Back