Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Final Fantasy Explorers, a multiplayer role-playing game, is in development for the Nintendo 3DS, according to the most recent issue of Jump Magazine.

The game will task players with searching for crystals while fighting Summons, the magical creatures that have appeared in Final Fantasy titles since FF III. Like many other entries in the FF universe, Explorers will allow players to choose from and level up a variety of jobs; Jump's reveal shows the Black Mage, White Mage, Knight and Monk.

Fantasy Explorers, a multiplayer role-playing game, is in development for the Nintendo 3DS, according to the most recent issue of Jump Magazine.

The game will task players with searching for crystals while fighting Summons, the magical creatures that have appeared in Final Fantasy titles since FF III. Like many other entries in the FF universe, Explorers will allow players to choose from and level up a variety of jobs; Jump's reveal shows the Black Mage, White Mage, Knight and Monk.

The goal of Final Fantasy Explorers is to defeat the different generations of Summons the player finds –– Ifrit, the fire elemental creature present in several series entries, is also shown in the Jump reveal.

There is no specified release date for Final Fantasy Explorers as of now, but series regular Square Enix has been confirmed as the developer behind the RPG.
source

anyone excited?

Going by the summary, wow, they are going really old school with this! And I'm so glad for that. I'm much less of a fan of the installations that meandered towards sci-fi and existentialism like VII, VIII, X and XIII. Give me sorcery, and glammed-up somewhat historical settings!

By the title and the multi-player function, I'm also hoping that this could be more of a sandbox explorative game, but everything else considered I wouldn't mind if it had a solid RPG plotline either.

Multiplayer... that's all that you had to say. - puts on sunglasses and writes the name of the game on wishlist - 

Back