E3 Final Fantasy VII Remake Is Coming In April 2020

Yep, people are cheering left and right. Even I'm a bit giddy.

Ok, I finally got the game for the Switch because I have never owned a PlayStation. I have to say that this game truly is something special. It’s heartfelt with its interactions between the characters (especially Cloud with Aerith/Aeris and Tifa). The game has some funny dialogue that is always a delight. The combat is fun, keeps you on your toes, and is genuinely different from anything I have ever played. I only forced myself to stop playing because I was getting really tired. Don’t even get me started on that beautiful soundtrack as well.

Glad you're enjoying the original!

hey now, we can't spoil everything :p though I wonder if its worth getting now or waiting for the PS5 version?

Just get both versions, more Tifas lol. didn't you already pre-order it ?

Game Informer's TGS 2019 gameplay video:

Sony's TGS 2019 stage Live stream Video link, September 14:
  • 12:20 to 13:00 – Final Fantasy VII Remake Special Stage – Demo gameplay and the latest information on Final Fantasy VII Remake. Featuring Hatsune Matsushima (MC) and Yoshinori Kitase (Final Fantasy VII Remake producer at Square Enix).

Saw the live stream, they showed more of Tifa and Aerith in battle and Ifrit summon, + the squatting mini game lol pretty good stream.
FF7R-Play-Sony_09-13-19.jpg

Last edited:
Nice and I see all the lines for the game's demo at TGS are completely full, as in hours of waiting for a quick demo.

Yep. Japan is excited for the game without needing SE's "please be excited" lol

They posted more stuff:
Tifa
wbrHPI8.jpg

bQStjvm.jpg

7XDCdH0.jpg

34FhMKf.jpg

ZseuIDu.jpg

A member of the anti-Shinra organization AVALANCHE. She also runs the bar “7th Heaven” in the Sector 7 slums. Although she opposes the Shinra Company, she is not fully on board with the Mako Reactor Destruction Plan. While her feelings are mixed, she reunites with her childhood friend Cloud.

■ Battle System
Analyze the enemy’s weakness and action patterns, and choose magic and abilities. This is a highly strategic battle system that fuses intuitive action with a Final Fantasy-esque command battle system base. By consuming the “ATB Gauge,” which fills as time passes and based on character actions, you can use battle commands such as “Ability,” “Magic,” and “Item.”

Wait Mode
By opening the command menu during battle, you will enter “Wait Mode,” where time will slow and you will have the time to properly think about your strategy. From the command menu, you can select “Ability,” “Magic,” “Item,” and “Limit Skill.” Determine your enemy’s weakness and the battle situation, then choose your next action.

Shortcut
Commands can be registered to buttons as shortcuts, allowing you to use them without opening the command menu. By setting the skills that you use often, you can enjoy action game-like battles without interruption.

Burst

The gauge beneath the enemy’s HP gauge is the Burst gauge. It will increase as you attack, and when it is filled, the enemy will enter the Burst state. in this state, the enemy is unable to take action and take more damage than usual.
—Cloud’s “Burst Slash” ability allows him to easily fill up the Burst gauge.

Party Commands
While you can switch between the character you are controlling during battle with the d-pad, you can also open the party command menu with the L2 and R2 buttons to issue battle commands without changing characters.

Limit Break
Each time you take damage from enemies, the Limit gauge will increase, and once fully accumulated, you will be able to activate extremely powerful skills unique to each character.
—Tifa’s Limit Break: “Somersault.”
Final Fantasy VII Remake

■ Materia
By equipping materia to weapons and armor, you can use abilities such as magic. There are various types of materia, ranging from magic materia to command materia, independent materia, summon materia, and more. Depending on the slot, the materia can be paired together, which can change the effect of the materia.
Final Fantasy VII Remake

Magic Materia

—Lightning
Materia that lets you use lightning elemental magic such as “Thunder.” Materia will develop as you use it, allowing you to use even more powerful magic. Thunder evolves from “Thunder” to “Thundara” to “Thundaga.”

—Time
Materia that lets you use time magic such as “Haste” to increase the action speed of your party, “Slow” to slow down the action speed of enemies, or “Stop” to temporarily halt enemy movement. This magic bestows the target with a time-related state change.

Support Materia

—Elemental Materia
Materia than can attach the magic materia’s elements to weapons or armor. When attached to a weapon it adds its elemental attack, and for armor its elemental resistance.

The combination of the magic materia “Ice,” which enables the use of ice elemental magic such as “Blizzard,” and the support materia “Elemental Materia,” grants the weapon ice properties.

■ Summons

By equipping summon materia, you can call out summoned monsters after a dedicated Summon gauge fills during battle. Summoned monsters will fight automatically and will unleash a powerful special move before they return.
—Summons can be issued commands and activate unique abilities.

■ The World of Final Fantasy VII Remake
Locations from Final Fantasy VII have been faithfully recreated in high quality. Several locations that could not be explored in the original version have also been added.

Sector 7 Slums
The slums beneath the Sector 7 plate. A dim town where the sky is blocked off, its buildings are made out of the scraps produced during the construction of Midgar. From the “7th Heaven” bar to the “Beginner’s Hall” by its vigilante committee, the Sector 7 slums is home to a lively community.
Final Fantasy VII Remake

7th Heaven
A bar in the Sector 7 slums. A place for laborers to relax every night. It is known for its famous cocktail the “Cosmo Canyon,” and the smiling face of its show girl Tifa. There is also a darts game where the men of the town compete for the high score. After closing, 7th Heaven becomes the base of operations for the anti-Shinra organization AVALANCHE.
Final Fantasy VII Remake

Also I read some stuff on the original plans, wonder if they are going to put them in, in the remake now:

According to Final Fantasy VII Ultimania Omega, Cloud's rescue scene was originally planned to be even longer; after washing up on the shore of Mideel with Tifa, Cloud would have been unconscious and Tifa would have had to revive him with CPR. During this stage Cloud would have a vision of being experimented by Professor Hojo in Nibelheim, and of his escape with Zack. The scene was moved to be viewed in the Shinra Mansion Basement in the game's final version.

And this lol PLOT:

Under The highwind

"The original plans for Cloud and Tifa's moment under the Highwind were far more suggestive than the final product. Following a fade-out scene, Cloud was to walk out of the chocobo stable on board the Highwind, followed by Tifa who would check around as she left. This idea was rejected for being too "extreme", and a less risqué "toned down" version of the scene replaced it."

Kitase: Katou also did the event on the airship, the night before the final battle.

Nojima: Oh, the scene with the risqué line of dialogue? It was Katou who wrote that as well, not me.

Q: The line “Words aren’t the only way to talk someone how you feel,” right? That was quite a mature conversation for a FF game.

Kitase: But I remember having to get another version that was too intense toned down.

Nojima: The original idea was more extreme. The plan was to have Cloud walk out of the Chocobo stable on board the Highwind, followed by Tifa leaving while checking around, but Kitase turned it down. But even with the line in question, maybe at that time none of us thought it would be something so important (laughs).

Back