Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
I remembered this game while on another thread, did anyone else play this FF tactics type game?

Inferior to the main FF 12 game, storywise imo. The focus on Vaan and his street urchin gang is just not interesting enough to me lol didn't finish it backthen.

Last edited:
lol Bunny Fran's lingerie armor is a much better choice than Panelo's outfit.

lol and what the leading main said:
source.gif

So you didn't finish the main game because you were not into the war politics story stuff thing in the main story of the main game? I know some people that were turned off by it because of that when they played it waay back when they were younger but ended up liking it now after playing it again, the remastered version.

So you didn't finish the main game because you were not into the war politics story stuff thing in the main story of the main game? I know some people that were turned off by it because of that when they played it waay back when they were younger but ended up liking it now after playing it again, the remastered version.

Not the story, the gameplay. I just wasn't digging the slow combat system or gritty graphics. At the time it didn't seem refined as 10 was.

Ah I see, I thought it was the story that's the main issue.

Read a nice CBR article on Vayne Solidor:

Vayne Carudas Solidor may be the smartest villain in the history of Final Fantasy. Developer Square Enix's flagship franchise has introduced gamers to several classic foes but the antagonist of the often-overlooked Final Fantasy XII is the best-written of them all.

Unlike most Final Fantasy villains, Vayne has no desire to destroy the world or become a god. Rather, he seeks to empower humanity to rise above the forces perverting its destiny. Vayne's subtle scheming and eloquent rhetoric might not be as obviously-threatening as the genocidal ambitions of Kefka and Sephiroth, but his vision makes for one of the most intellectually invigorating JRPG villains ever.

Vayne's desire is to become a Dynast King, a hero-monarch who carves out an empire with divine crystals called Nethicite. These stones are gifted by the Occuria, a race of godlike entities that influence the world from the shadows. Through their puppets, these would-be deities have guided the course of history to suit their own desires. Vayne finds this abhorrent. Though inspired by the Dynast King's legend, he strives to unite humanity under its own banner rather than that of the false gods, engineering artificial Nethicite to achieve that end.

What makes Vayne fascinating is that his story implicitly comments on and criticizes the series' past entries. Many Final Fantasy games star heroes empowered by crystals, or rough equivalents in the case of titles like VII. They typically also have an antagonist that seeks power to satisfy their own greed, often by harnessing an ancient energy source. XII is the first in the main series to unambiguously call these concepts out as absurd. It argues that a humanity reliant on power it did not forge for itself will become reliant on it, leading inevitably to stagnation and ruin.

Fittingly, there is a historical precedent for this very eventuality within the game's world. The original Dynast King is a parallel for all the past Warriors of Light, a divinely-ordained hero guided by the power of the crystals. His empire is remembered as a peaceful and prosperous one, but fragmented all the same by the time he passed into legend. The lesson Vayne learns from his history is that the Occuria do not care for humanity's long-term prosperity, and that their blessings can be taken away as easily as they are given. Unwilling to leave his peoples' destiny to chance, Vayne resolves to, in the words of his Final Fantasy XII ally Dr. Cid, "[put] the reins of history back in the hands of Man."

Unfortunately, Vayne's good intentions lead him down an increasingly dark path. He willingly sacrifices states in the name of researching Nethicite's power and abuses the legal loopholes of his country to crown himself autocrat, to say nothing of his own desire to rule those he "liberates" from the Occuria. Though he and the game's heroes would agree to reject their control, his callous methods make them foes.

Story was good, but it needed more/longer cutscenes lol

Back