Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Networking can be a real pain, though its a bigger pain when someone can hijack a bunch of PCs and launch an unending attack on your network/server.

Square Enix confirmed that Final Fantasy XIV's recent network troubles are the result of a third-party DDoS attack with the following statement:

"We have confirmed that since Jun. 16th, we have been experiencing DDoS attacks from an anonymous third-party targeting the Final Fantasy XIV game servers on the NA data center," Square Enix said in a statement posted on the Final Fantasy XIV website. The company added it's "taking every possible measure to address" the attacks.

Just to point out, DDoS only affects a person's ability to connect to a certain place, it in no way affects your data unless you were in the middle of saving your data when this happens.

I don't play on the NA servers so I haven't been affected but I do play Final Fantasy XV. I just truly don't understand why do people DDoS. I don't know anything about how it's actually done but is it really worth it? Is it worth messing around with a companies game to potentially get caught and end up in jail? For what? bringing down Final Fantasy servers? Must be a great conversation topic in prison... ''Oh hey there, what are you in for??'' ''Oh.. um, I stabbed a guy because he looked at me and you?'' ''You know, I just DDoSed Square Enix.''

It is dumb and I will never understand why people do it. Even DDoSing popular streamers just to troll them around - a weird form of entertainment.

I don't play on the NA servers so I haven't been affected but I do play Final Fantasy XV. I just truly don't understand why do people DDoS. I don't know anything about how it's actually done but is it really worth it? Is it worth messing around with a companies game to potentially get caught and end up in jail? For what? bringing down Final Fantasy servers? Must be a great conversation topic in prison... ''Oh hey there, what are you in for??'' ''Oh.. um, I stabbed a guy because he looked at me and you?'' ''You know, I just DDoSed Square Enix.''

It is dumb and I will never understand why people do it. Even DDoSing popular streamers just to troll them around - a weird form of entertainment.

Pride or any other human sin would be a good reason. People were born to ruin other's fun.

Back