Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
full

Launching alongside the standard version of the game on May 19th, the Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia limited edition comes packed with a hardcover artbook, reversible cover art, soundtrack CD, and pixel-art pin set featuring the characters Alm, Celica, and Marth.

Currently the limited edition is sold out at most online sites.

It all looks amazing, but I shelled out so much money for the Switch that I'll end up getting just the game.

I've been looking and I don't see any place you can get the limited edition right now, they sell fast.
Not surprising. Limited edition stuff goes fast. You usually have to be at the right place at the right time to know when it starts going on sale.

It's not an issue of them selling fast. It's an issue of Nintendo not knowing how to make a proper amount of stock for them. It doesn't help that pre-orders for it opened up in the middle of the day, when most people are at work, allowing scalpers to pick up a large majority of the copies. Then we factor in that places like Amazon don't limit pre-orders to one per customer. That paired up with the fact that Nintendo already under-stocks the Limited Editions, and we get the mess that we've seen with Fire Emblem Fates, Tokyo Mirage Sessions and now Fire Emblem Echoes.

Nintendo has always been awful at handling special editions, and unfortunately it's the fans that suffer for it. Especially considering that people need to pay $130+ for it now through a scalper.

It's not an issue of them selling fast. It's an issue of Nintendo not knowing how to make a proper amount of stock for them. It doesn't help that pre-orders for it opened up in the middle of the day, when most people are at work, allowing scalpers to pick up a large majority of the copies. Then we factor in that places like Amazon don't limit pre-orders to one per customer. That paired up with the fact that Nintendo already under-stocks the Limited Editions, and we get the mess that we've seen with Fire Emblem Fates, Tokyo Mirage Sessions and now Fire Emblem Echoes.

Nintendo has always been awful at handling special editions, and unfortunately it's the fans that suffer for it. Especially considering that people need to pay $130+ for it now through a scalper.

The DS totally wouldn't scalp it *whistles innocently*

but it seems gamestop is still taking orders.

They must have had a small restock or had some cancellations. Or perhaps they only put a certain amount of stock up for order yesterday, and saved the rest for today.

Either way, I went ahead and snatched one up now. I wasn't going to, because I can't stand giving my money to Gamestop, so I was going to pass up on this LE. But I decided to just put my dislike of GS aside for now and get it, since I want the soundtrack CD in it (and the art book, but the CD is the main thing).

Paying almost $40 more for it then getting the standard from Amazon with my Prime discount. Hope it ends up being worth it.

split between getting this or the amiibos(which I collect). Why couldn't the limited edition come with the amiibos in the US?

Back