Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Recent firmware 4.45 which affects trophies and system stability is bricking a lot of PS3 systems. Every gaming news site has received a lot of reports that users can't use their PS3 after upgrading to the latest firmware. Some users report that it's only happening to those who upgraded their hard drives but nothing official.

DO NOT UPDATE AT THIS TIME!!!!

Update:

The firmware has now been pulled from the PS3, it's safe to go online now. Sony has apologized for the firmware problems, doesn't have a fix just yet for those whose systems were bricked.

Update 2:

A fix has been confirmed and will roll out on June 27 with instructions on how to fix bricked systems. Got a bricked system? Hopefully you got a vita or some other system to keep you busy till then.

I guest this is the danger of owning a console because the console company controls both the console, and firmware updates, so they can brick your console by releasing a firmware update where it brick the console after a user updates their firmware.

If the gamers can't go online, or turn on the console, I think they probably need to send their console to Sony to have them unbrick the console by manually updating the firmware with a USB drive, or CD in safemode since your console needs to be ON, and online to update a firmware.

I wonder would Sony pay for repairs.

They should give away a free "paid" digital game to the people whose consoles were bricked. I think that's only fair.
Hey, they couldn't play a PS3 game in X days, >_

Back