Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Read from gamesindustry biz:

Local organisation Scottish Games Network has announced the first ever Scottish Games Week, a five-day exploration of the work produced by studios across the country, as well as the nation's games heritage, which includes the Grand Theft Auto series and the console editions of Minecraft.

The event will run from Monday, October 24 to Friday, October 28, and will encompasses multiple standalone events in major cities Glasgow, Edinburgh and Dundee, as well as satellite events across the Highlands, Islands and Scottish Borders.

"Scotland's games industry is the country's secret weapon," said Scottish Games Network director Brian Baglow. "The games ecosystem is far larger and more complex than anyone gives it credit for, with much to offer the wider creative industries, as well as other areas of the digital technology sector.

"Scottish Games Week will give this incredible ecosystem a global platform, showcasing, highlighting and supporting the incredible work being produced here in Scotland, as well as exploring all of the ways in which the tools, technologies and techniques from games can be utilised in everything from education, to healthcare and Scotland's future as a digital society."

Scotland's finance and economy secretary Kate Forbes added: "Scottish Games Week builds on the industry's reputation thanks to advances made in centres of excellence for the sector like Edinburgh and Dundee.

"The games industry will play a key part in Scotland's digital future and in our economy as a whole and is receiving continued Scottish Government support through the Scottish Tech Ecosystem Fund.

Education I can see. Healthcare I'd imagine would be experimenting with Plague Inc. Evolved and I'm also assuming not Dr. Mario.

Back