Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Tonight I connected my PS3 to the intert. But doing it took me 2 and a half hours and it was nothing less then a bitch to do. But if you read this it might help you save about 2 hours. For if you think you got things set up right you will get this error.

First off, I recommend using a cisco linksy router. Weather or not you use it the following should help you:

On initial setup your PS3 will need to connect to the internet to download updates for your PS3. Initially I was having a frustrating time on my 1st set up to try to get my PS3 to connect to my wireless. This info is thanx to a bunch of people who tried different things but this is what I did to get it working.
1. Get your network information by going to your home computer and hit START, RUN and type in CMD
2. You'll get the Command screen (like the old DOS screen) and type in IPCONFIG/ALL, write down ALL the information given.
3. On your PS3 when setting up to connect to the internet select MANUAL or CUSTOM instead of AUTOMATIC.
4. Enter the information you wrote down and just keep following the prompts.

It should connect now.

source of info

and before connecting your PS3 to the internet have all your basic router info like SSID and router password on hand and make sure you enter everything manually in order to make the process go smooth. Also if you use automatic scan and search to get all your connections, then your PS3 might completely freeze (unable to turn it off with power button and don't expect any commands from a controller.) and you will have to take out the power cable and put it back in.

Thanks for the info. Another reason why many people still prefer Wired networking since it is plug and play in most cases.

It is Odd the PS3 would crash by just using "Automatic scan".

Back