Flooding rain still impacts the Midwest

Spiritwarrior

Lurking
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Ferocious thunderstorms, heat and humidity added to the Midwest's flooding misery Friday as thousands of people returned to damaged homes, many without electricity to run fans or pumps.

Michigan was pounded for a second straight day by storms that killed a motorcyclist and spawned a tornado that ripped out hundreds of trees.

The storm system had struck Chicago on Thursday night with a sudden downpour and 70 mph wind that tore down trees and damaged buildings. In the city's suburbs, part of an industrial facility's roof collapsed, injuring 40 people.

Read more here

I hope that they can recover from this, some places over there already been hard hit my the storms.

ah it's bad here too the rivers are high and some of our parks are still closed.

Weather amazes me....some places get slammed while others are in drouts. Delaware actually got delared in a state of emergency because of the drout so that our farmer's could get some financial relief from the government.

whoah. i feel bad that absolutely nothing bad is happening where i live. though we do live under constant fear of volcanic eruptions all the time

Felix just smashed into the Honduras area this morning at Catagory 5 strength. Right now it's weakened to a Tropical Storm since it's over mountainous terrain.

Back