froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Cathair2906 bringing it to an unofficial repair center, at which he was told why not upgrade his phone’s RAM while he was at it? “Thereafter, i decided to send my 5x to China for CPU fixing, as the RAM is packed with the CPU together, the guy suggested me upgrading it to 3 or 4 GB RAM. That’s how the 4GB RAM 5X comes out.”

He then provided several screenshots that prove that his Nexus 5X is indeed running at 4GB of RAM without any issues. Of course we wouldn’t recommend you asking your repair center to do this for you, but $60 doesn’t seem too unreasonable, does it?

Read More

That's a pretty good deal consider how hard it is to fix smartphones, and the price of mobile RAM which is still somewhat expensive.

I have to think with that much ram it runs so hot it could damage the device.

I have to think with that much ram it runs so hot it could damage the device.

I think RAM does not run very hot because it rarely needs a cooling fan to cool RAM unless you overclock RAM on a Gaming PC. Mobile RAM also is generally slower than Desktop PC RAM, so it does not get very hot.

But, the extra RAM may use more power which causes the battery to heat up because the battery needs to work harder to power the 4GB of RAM.

Back