Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Hello GF members, just a quick announcement about the forum link.

On Friday December 20th, or sooner pending on how things go the forum will be down for about 10-20 minutes while I change the link.

The new link will be gamingforce.us. the forum part will be dropped and the website will become gamingforece.us/website. forum.gamingforce.us will redirect to gamingforce.us but once the change is done it's advise to update your bookmarks and login and logout to ensure there is no issues with posting or viewing stuff on the forum.

Some services may not work for a bit but till I ensure all the paths in the ACP are adjusted correctly. But once the change is done the forum it's self should work.

The reason for this change is due to two reasons,

The first is for SEO, having the forum on the main domain link will make the large SEO project I am about to work on work so much better and should increase traffic.

Second, I always wanted the forum on the main domain link but lack of knowledge when starting out has lead to our current domain set up.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but should benefit GF in the end. I will send out a email once it's all done.

-DS

Not sure what you're planning but "forum.domain.com" is just as good as "forum.com". Either way, good luck with everything.

Marc said:
Not sure what you're planning but "forum.domain.com" is just as good as "forum.com". Either way, good luck with everything.
It's shorter and easier to remember.

What's happening to the blog / whatever is there now?

Black Angel said:
Wouldn't "home" be easier to remember than "website" where the website is concerned?

So that it would be "gamingforce.us/home" instead of "gamingforce.us/website?"

Anyway, thanks for the heads up.
home would actually be the forum though. And when one would want to reach the website one would type in website 

Why don't people do what i generally do.... go to gamingforce.us then click on the menu item for the website. Dont keep on about this whats easier to remember stuff. if people can't remember such a simple thing then they need to learn to use bookmarks or get off the internet. It's a non issue.

I just type "gami" in my address bar and my browser finishes it and takes me here.. so the new change would be even easier for me personally.

But we were only offering our opinions on the website change since visitors are generally lazy and won't likely bother with remembering the word "website" if many don't even like to scroll let alone read the board descriptions. Guests can be so lazy/stupid it is mindnumbing.

I sincerely doubt there was ever an issue with whether or not we'd be able to remember it.

At least, for me, there wasn't.

It's true, generally once someone has visited the website once then it will be in their history and appear as soon as you start typing gam....

On their very first visit they aren't going to even know the website domain. But I must say I never really see a website with the directory name of /website/.

It's done, issues with the website but hope to have that fixed soon. If you see any errors or problems with the forum let me know.

edit, website is now back to normal.

A forum software upgrade will happen soon to fix a few errors.

Everything seems good, and much faster!  Have you upgraded your hosting?

Back