Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Alright, I got two sides at this time. One saying there is no site slowness which I am on. The other side saying there is slowness. My host claims there is nothing wrong, and I rather not leave this host as he has been good to me and gives me a decent price among good services.

So first off, those of you who have slowness does the website load slow for you? http://gamingforce.us/

If it does, Do the following:

A: get a traceroute which is done by:

going to your PC's command prompt and tryping in "tracert gamingforce.us" and make sure there is a space. Do one for both forum.gamingforce.us and gamingforce.us

Once done right click on the outer box of the command prompt and right click on it and highlight edit and select all then do the same thing again and copy it to here.

B: use a OpenDNs, Google DNS, and other 3rd-party DNS providers for your home computers to see if it makes a difference in site loading time.

so for instance for the DNS, go to this or this.

Failing to help me resolve this will leave me no choice but to give you people experiencing slowness to leave you in the SoL area. (aka sorry out of luck)

So reply to this topic with your answers as soon as you get on. please and thank you.

-DS

Same for me, GF loads in a second for me on Shaw Cable Broadband Connection except I'm using Google DNS instead of the default DNS server IP from my ISP provider.

Here are my traceroutes. (Though I've removed my IP and my ISP's info.)

Code:
C:\>tracert gamingforce.us

Tracing route to gamingforce.us [67.220.197.3]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     1 ms

Sometimes I do. But I just thought it was IPB3.x itself. I know on your past host there were days I could open the forum, open a new tab, load a new page and start reading a topic then switch back to your forum just in time to see it load. But on this host, I'm not getting anywhere near that slow.

When I loaded the page tonight, there was a bit of slowness before it actually loaded. But not too much. The numbers should be able to tell you the exact speed.

It's pretty inconstant for me. Anywhere from about a second long load-time, to around 5 - 10 seconds. It only happens here.

Yeah, earlier, I wouldn't even connect. It just gave me a 404, I don't really know what to say. I've tried it on a couple different PCs, and from a couple different places. It's something with the server that you're on for me...

apparently our forum host, which is great, has the wrong software for this forum to be hosted on. They use cloudlinux and I guess that isn't good for IPB forums.

So I am searching for another host and we will most likely be changing at the end of this month.

1 week from now we should be hosted on godaddy hosting. I've always said that I shall pay for hosting out of my own pocket and shall continue to do so.

However, I am willing to make someone into a business partner if you wish to share the hosting cost. Drop me a PM if interested.

You need to back up all your files to your computer with an FTP client then upload your files to the new web host FTP server with a FTP server.

I recommend FileZilla FTP Client. http://filezilla-project.org/

Then you upload your MySQL5 databases files with Phpmyadmin by creating a new database file, and uploading your old database to your new database on Godaddy.

You also need to reconnect your database by editing your config files for your forum to link your database to IPB and WordPress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back