Free Kid Icarus 3D Classic (UK Only)

SpoonySage

N3DS Community Ghost Gym Leader
Awards
Credits
So, as some of you may have heard, Club Nintendo UK is giving away free download codes for Kid Icarus 3D Classics version. So far, NOA has made no such announcement for the US. Still, I know many of you are from other countries and I figure we could all use the info in case Nintendo extends the offer to us, so here are the details of the giveaway.

To get the free download code, you have to have a Club Nintendo account and have registered at least 2 big name games from November until the end of January. The list of eligible games is as follows:
  • Resident Evilâ„¢: Revelations
  • Mario Kartâ„¢ 7
  • Super Pokémonâ„¢ Rumble
  • SUPER MARIO 3D LANDâ„¢
  • Tetrisâ„¢
  • Star Fox 64â„¢ 3D
  • Resident Evilâ„¢: The Mercenaries 3D
  • The Legend of Zeldaâ„¢: Ocarina of Time 3D
  • DEAD OR ALIVEâ„¢ Dimensions
  • Steel Diverâ„¢
  • Nintendogsâ„¢ + cats
  • Pilotwings Resortâ„¢
  • Super Street Fighter[sup]â„¢[/sup] IV 3D Edition
So far I do no know if/when they are even releasing Kid Icarus 3D Classics to the general public, but I would think that, coupled with this promotion would be great for gathering interest in the upcoming Kid Icarus 3DS game. Is anyone here getting the 3D Classic game through this giveaway? Or anyone else want to purchase it should it come out in your region's 3DS store?

EDIT: I actually read elsewhere that Japan, of course, also got the promotion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've registered LoZ and 3d Land and not received the code or whatever? Should I get by email or what?

I have a few of these titled registered. It sucks that I cannot get the promotion because I'm in the us.

Already have 3D Land and MK7, but MK7 didn't have the code. And not possible to get club Nintendo games over here.

for everyone in the UK, to download, go to your CN account and on the right there should be a button with kid icarus on it. it will ask you to enter your email after clicking it. after that you have to wait.

Anyone else get this? To be honest it's not particularly good.

It seems kinda strange that they're doing a follow up to such an obscure game.

Anyone else get this? To be honest it's not particularly good.

It seems kinda strange that they're doing a follow up to such an obscure game.

i did i find it very hard and hardly ever play it
is good for freebies but not worth anything in money really

Yeah, that's a big part of the problem. Although none of what I've played was particularly hard, it was just that when you eventually get killed you have to start from way back. If I could progress in the game and maintain that progress, I'd find it a lot more playable. It's also kinda weird in that you go around collecting hearts that don't refill your health bar.

I was looking up about the original, and it looks like the background is added.

7318.kid-icarus.jpg

kid-icarus-eshop-630x354.jpg

It probably does enhance the experience, but the purist in me hates that kind of revisionism. It would've been nice to have the option to turn it off.

I suppose you get what you pay for, beggers can't be choosers and all that.

Back