Fun facts about Mario / series game.

Hammer Bro.

Hammer Bro.
Awards
Credits
Rules are simple:
1. Just simply post all your fun facts or any trivia you know about Mario. Not just the character himself but games or other characters from the series itself. If you don't think your explanation is enough then the least you can do is post picture(s) to get people to understand what you're trying to say.
2.You CAN use simple ones like "Mario usually saves Peach when she's captured by Bowser." but everyone already knows that right?
and
3. ANYTHING ridiculous are NOT allow to be posted. Ex: Mario is most definitely NOT Luigi's brother. <-- There's already a topic similar to that.
---------------------------------------------

I'll start off with an example

Each color of a Yoshi shares most of the same colors of a Shy Guy (or the other way around). If that doesn't explain enough?
120px-BlueToadOnYoshi.png
150px-Shyguy_MP9.png
96px-YS_WhiteShyGuy.gif
100px-Antiblackyoshi.png

Edit:
You don't have to say "If that doesn't explain enough?" if you're not explaining enough before using pictures to prove your facts. It was just an example I used.
wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
The Armored Harriers have unknown Defense. Despite being unable to take damage other than from themselves, they can easily defeat Rawk Hawk.
Edit: I mistaked myself with them being able to beat the shadow queen. In her second form, none could be able to attack each other unless the two twins had the power from the crystal stars.

Iron_clefts.PNG

Mario is around 5 feet tall in real life.

Uh... Yoshian? How would you know if he's 5 feet tall in real life?

-Mario was originally named Jumpman.
-Mario played the part of the villian in Donkey Kong Jr.
-Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Baby Mario, and Baby Luigi are all voiced by Charles Martinet.
-Super Mario 64 for the Nintendo 64 was supposed to have a sequel but it was scrapped and later replaced by Super Mario 64 DS for the Nintendo DS.
-Mario was named after Mario Segale, the landlord of NOA's office.
-Mario wasn't originally a plumber, he started out as a carpenter.
-Bowser was originally sketched as an ox but an animator misinterpreted it as a turtle.
-Chain Chomps were inspired by a time when Miyamoto got chased by a dog in his childhood.
-In Superstar Saga, if you go all the way to the northeast on the map, you can see Peach's castle in the background.
-Super Mario Bros. made it's debut in Japan on Friday the 13th.
-Mario and Luigi are twins.
-Birdo is actually a male.

Oddly Dry Bones cannot take damaged from fireballs throught out the Super Mario Bros. series, however in the Paper Mario series they can be killed by a Fire Flower, Kooper's Fire Shell move, or Bowser's fire breath.

Oddly Dry Bones cannot take damaged from fireballs throught out the Super Mario Bros. series, however in the Paper Mario series they can be killed by a Fire Flower, Kooper's Fire Shell move, or Bowser's fire breath.

Well they are paper. xD

Yoshi's original voice was made by playing a record backwards and scratching it.

Koopa Troopa has started becoming quite a staple for a playable character in spin-offs ever since Mario Kart Double Dash!!, so it's almost safe to assume he'll be in upcoming games.

Paratroopa was apparently going to be in Mario Kart Wii, exploration of the ISO has shown his character icon, as well as Hammer Bro's.

Shy Guy has started becoming a new staple recently, he is in Mario Party 9 by the looks of it, and is in Mario Kart 7 as a proper character.

Mario and Sonic have only starred together in the Olympics and Brawl, not an adveture-styled game and not racing.

Luigi is in this image for 3D Land, look closely and you'll find him:

Super-Mario-3D-Land-Review.jpg

Shaking the 3DS when viewing one of the letters in 3D Land causes several aspects of the picture to move around - shake the one with Peach whacking the Goombas with her parasol for some laughs, shake it enough to hear a 1-Up sound.

The Yoshi Egg in Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door is from what I know the only multi-coloured Yoshi egg in existance.

Yoshi hasn't been able to actually throw an egg whenever ADULT Mario is riding him, but is capable of doing so when Baby Mario rides him.

The Seven Star Children are Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Peach, Baby DK, Baby Wario, Baby Bowser and Baby Yoshi, who just hatched and is therefore the youngest of the lot.

The Star Child Yoshi could be the one that always appears in spin-off games like Mario Kart and Mario Tennis, and several other main games, like Super Mario 64 (both 64 and DS versions), Super Mario World (he wasn't found as a baby, he was trapped in an egg by Bowser) and Galaxy 2 (left his house to look for his friends).

Mario Kart Wii seems to be one of the most-hacked games on the Wii, along with Brawl and New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door is the only game that have battles taking place in front of an audience on-screen at the same time.

The only time mario and luigi wasn't in the mushroom kingdom and when you saw a queen is mario and luigi superstar saga.
The only course with special sound effects DURING a race on mario kart ds is waluigi pinball (listen to the sounds when an item is being chosen and after you go through the pinball table)
In basically all rainbow roads it's easy to fall off without proper handling (might be wrong because I didn't play all mario kart games)
That's not true look at what she says in superstar saga and super mario advance (I think that's the name whatever game had you play as toad, mario, peach and luigi on game boy advance)

That's not true look at what she says in superstar saga and super mario advance (I think that's the name whatever game had you play as toad, mario, peach and luigi on game boy advance)

In his first appearance in Super Mario Bros 2., if you read the enemy section of the instruction manual it states that he's a male who thinks he's female.

"Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!", made by Toad, is one of the most recognisable video game quotes of all time.

The reason Mario is so chubby is because in Super Mario Bros. the NES could only handle square pixel collision.

The Armored Harriers have unknown Defense. Despite being unable to take damage other than from themselves, they can easily defeat Rawk Hawk.
Edit: I mistaked myself with them being able to beat the shadow queen. In her second form, none could be able to attack each other unless the two twins had the power from the crystal stars.

Iron_clefts.PNG

Mario is around 5 feet tall in real life.

Uh... Yoshian? How would you know if he's 5 feet tall in real life?

Here's a source that states it, according to Mario Wiki:

http://kotaku.com/18...statue-for-sale

Apparently the Japanese poster says "life-size Mario!"

Gourmet Guy is one of the enemies in Bowser's Army who doesn't hate Mario (excluding Lakilester who joins him) in Paper Mario. The other being a Spike Goomba who guards the storage room in Bowser's Castle because he has no idea who Mario is.

- When defeating Rawk Hawk for the Championship belt, the victory theme for the championship belt plays. However, when losing to him, the victory theme for beating a generic opponent in the arena plays. (Plus he is the only repeatable boss you can face in the game.)

- The Goomba who was with Luigi that was brainwashed by Nastasia name was Gary.

- Johnson is a joke character reoccuring from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door and Super Paper Mario only in a certain scene. Appearing as an X-Naut then a Koopa.

- Out of the 3 main Hammer Bro. species (Hammer, Fire, and Boomerang) Fire Bro. is the only one without a 3D designed art work.
And in the baseball series, he is the only one out of the 3 without a common item to wield as a bat. (Ex: Hammer Bro - Hammer, Boomerang Bro. - Boomerang)

I'm not sure if this is a trivia or a fact. These are for some of the PM partners that were going to appear in PMTTYD but were removed (Bow and Parakarry are both exceptions and there's no other Paratroopa who looks like him). My theory is that their basis were used for various npcs in the game. There is no Lakitu who looks like Lakilester and Watt's the only Sparky species there is.
Goombario-SPM.png
Basis for -->
200px-ProfFrankly.jpeg

Kooper1000yeardoor.gif
Basis for -->
100px-Koopley.png

Bombette-SPM.png
Basis for --> http://www.mariowiki...640px-HerbT.PNG (Random Pink Bob-omb in link)

Lady_Bow_PM2.png
basis for -->
Lahla.PNG
(Obviously. plus Bow cameos in the game)

Sushie_sprite.png
basis for -->
Chef.PNG
(Obviously and plus there are a few more cheep cheeps in the game.)

Back