Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Apparent leaked voiceover recordings from the anime production company Funimation allegedly reveal voice actors from Dragon Ball Z (including what appears to be Goku's English voice actor Sean Schemmel) making homophobic, incestuous, and overall offensive jokes while recording.

Multiple audio clips were slowly revealed by Nick Rekieta over the course of his Rekieta Law livestream, which he claims violates Funimation's own workplace guidelines. Rekieta also notes that he obtained the clips "absolutely, 100% legally" and that he is distributing them in a journalistic capacity. Funimation notably distributes (and facilitates English dub work for) Dragon Ball Z, which is created by Toei Animation.

While they vary in subject matter and levels of offensiveness, one particularly egregious clip seemingly involves Schemmel speaking as Goku hurling homophobic slurs at the character's son. Another Dragon Ball clip uses licensed music in the background while multiple characters play out an "audio drama" about sodomy. A brief recording also apparently features the voice of Chi-Chi making an incest-related joke.

Though Funimation has no comment on such things going on, its unsure how Toei will react to this and could revoke Funimation's right to dub the DBZ series.

Ugh...I really don't get people like that.
They should leave others alone and it's not like they are doing any favors to anyone. I hope he wouldn't badmouth like an idiot again

I can understand why people are upset, but at the same time, I watch Team Four Star do Dragon Ball Z Abridged, which is really the thing anyway so I'm pretty unfazed by it.

Back